TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TuxMat Floor Liners

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by aronth5, Jul 12, 2018.

1. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

Creating a new thread for TuxMat floor liners since postings for this brand were mixed in with the 3D Maxpider Kagu Mats thread. I have never purchased any TuxMat product but thought fellow forum members would be interested in another option. Until I saw floor liners from TuxMat I assumed I would buy from Weathertech again

Received an email today from TuxMat with an update

"The test-fit was a success!
    Good News! We are one step closer to getting The Ultimate Car Mat into your Tesla Model 3.
    We have successfully completed the prototype test-fitting, and we anticipate the arrival of our first shipment by Wednesday July 25th, 2018. Look out for a final email from us, letting you know that they have arrived.

We thank you for your patients in this process and look forward to helping you install your very own TuxMat soon.
    Your TuxMat Team"

No reviews yet but here is feedback on their mats for the Model X
    Amazon.com: Customer reviews: ToughPRO Tesla Model X Floor Mats Set and Trunk Mats Set - All Weather - Heavy Duty - Black Rubber -(2017-2018) 6 Seater - 2nd Row Seat Without Middle Console

• Informative x 3
  2. a.void

a.void Member

Following … We have these in our Clarity and they are outstanding.

Makes Weathertech look pretty cheap in comparison. Much better fit with high sides, the back floor piece even tucks under the rear seat for a truly seamless look

3. flyingpenguins

Wait, so is TuxMat the same as ToughPRO? The mat pattern looks different. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the hexagons on the Amazon ToughPRO option you linked...

4. brobinson

brobinson Member

I'm confused, those hexagon design mats are already available on amazon.

5. crmatson

crmatson Member

• Helpful x 2
  6. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

"Thank you for your patients." *chuckles*

These do look great though!

7. aronth5

8. BioSehnsucht

BioSehnsucht Model 3 LR

I take hopefully delivery on the 24th... I wonder how long these will take to arrive :D

9. aronth5

Last email update I received from them is they would be available on July 25th.

10. sidmini

sidmini Member

These look great are they available for UK/ Europe delivery?

11. BioSehnsucht

BioSehnsucht Model 3 LR

Yeah I saw that. But shipping time, etc ... thought it was funny they're targeting the day after I take delivery though. Almost perfect timing. Almost.

12. BioSehnsucht

BioSehnsucht Model 3 LR

There's now a page live for the Model 3 on their site, though you can't actually order yet : Tesla Model 3 | Free Shipping | TuxMat

Price (in Canadian rupees) is listed as :
    Full set : $248.5
    front row only : $156.8
    rear row only : $119.5

I recall (not sure if it was somewhere on TMC or Reddit or ... ) someone saying that shipping to US is $19. Assuming this is true, $248.5 + $19 = $267.5 CAD shipped or $200.46 USD shipped which is cheaper than the 3d maxpider mats which are $204.98 shipped. Though there may or may not be additional taxes tacked on...

13. peebrayne

peebrayne Member

I just ordered. It actually came out to $203.25. Hope the quality is as good as those maxpider. It was a tough decision.

• Informative x 2
  14. outdoors

outdoors Supporting Member

I ordered a full set as well. Look promising. Didn't want to wait for Weathertech, yet not fond of Max Spider coverage for a real all weather mat.

Tried messing with adding more to the cart. Said not enough inventory at 100,90,80.......all the way to down to 50. Order quick looks like running low.

15. aronth5

Also just ordered full set. In the past have purchased Weathertech but TuxMat appear to have better coverage.

16. Packerfan735

Packerfan735 Member

Right now WeatherTech coverage for the Model 3 = 0! I need floor mats ASAP and have been holding out for WeatherTech, but I might be going the TuxMat route as well. WeatherTech is sitting on a goldmine and doing nothing about it.

17. peebrayne

peebrayne Member

It's weird that they weathertech only came out with the trunk mats but not floor mats. I wonder if they think people would hold out for their floor mats so they could have a matching set for their trunk mats.

18. Packerfan735

Packerfan735 Member

Yes, I'd love to, but only for so long... and from what I've seen they haven't even acknowledged that they're working on a set... anyone else see anything different? I'd settle for an estimate of when they'll start shipping

19. m4eyyz

m4eyyz Member

I posted pictures in another thread but thought you'd like to see them installed.
    I picked them up yesterday. Fit very well. Excellent coverage along and up the sides.
    IMG_0907.JPG IMG_0908.JPG IMG_0909.JPG IMG_0911.JPG IMG_0910.JPG IMG_0912.JPG IMG_0913.JPG IMG_0915.JPG IMG_0917.JPG IMG_0914.JPG

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 1
  20. daranello

daranello Member

THESE look nice, I’m looking for only a winter set... Like to see the weather tech first before deciding.