Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tuxmat Happiness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it - Mobile connector case.

As I said in my case I wanted to put a tissue box and other stuff under each seat so I wanted the drawer.
I hope Tuxmat tweaks their mats to accommodate this at some point.
Thanks...I just checked and a tissue box fits very well in the Mobile Connector case. It does take a little more effort than just a drawer because of the zippered top, but if you leave it unzipped it would work the same. But I agree, hopefully Tuxmat changes that back lip and the edges to allow for drawers to fit. My drawers are now storage containers for my car wash supplies

Reactions: rlzalusky
Their trunk mats are really nice, but they do have that raised lip that butts up to the back of the seats. Because the mat is flexible though, you should be fine to fold the seats and place items on the lip if needed. It should bounce back.

Honestly, after a month of ownership, I'm rather pleased with the floor/frunk/trunk mats from Tuxmat. I've been a WeatherTech fan previously, but I'm glad I went with Tuxmat this time around.
Any new thoughts about the Tuxmat cargo liner? wondering if you had any issues with the lip when putting the seats down for extra cargo space.

For Tuxmat owners, how did you secure the rear mat (5-seat model)? Specifically, the part that comes up against the rear seat (behind where your legs are when you sit)? It seems like its too high to tuck into the seam of the seat but otherwise, its just kind of flapping there where something could fall behind or kids could step on.

For Tuxmat owners, how did you secure the rear mat (5-seat model)? Specifically, the part that comes up against the rear seat (behind where your legs are when you sit)? It seems like its too high to tuck into the seam of the seat but otherwise, its just kind of flapping there where something could fall behind or kids could step on.
i carefully tucked it under the front of the rear seat.

I tucked mine into the bottom seam of the rear seat as much as I can. The mat appears slightly taller than needed so it has a slight bulge. But I’ve had mine in for well over a year and have not had an issue with it staying tucked in. I've also removed them a few times for cleaning and haven't had an issue with re-installing.

Here’s what it looks like:
IMG_2829.jpeg

Reactions: GuyFromGPT