Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tuxmat Happiness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received our new tuxmats for Jeeves today. So happy with the fit and finish. Blows Weathertech out of the park.

Definitely took some sweat to get them into place and did use the Velcro clips in places but well worth the money, especially given our winters here in southern Ontario. Will Defo consider the rear trunk mat now.

Pics attached 😃

BAB54CD1-A82D-4D40-AFA2-267005F4F28D.jpeg

Attachments

• BB538CA2-56D3-47A6-879F-A41D2DAB2078.jpeg
    BB538CA2-56D3-47A6-879F-A41D2DAB2078.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 519
Received our new tuxmats for Jeeves today. So happy with the fit and finish. Blows Weathertech out of the park.

Definitely took some sweat to get them into place and did use the Velcro clips in places but well worth the money, especially given our winters here in southern Ontario. Will Defo consider the rear trunk mat now.

Pics attached 😃
What month/year build is your Model Y? Does Tuxmat have versions that will fit the June 2021 and newer builds with revised seat risers?

Reactions: Arthur31
Got mine and installed in my 2020 and I'm a very happy customer.

Tuxmats_in_white_interior.jpg

Pics attached 😃

View attachment 709724

Reactions: Tslgrl

Pics attached 😃

View attachment 709724

Looking for something to use year round (winters are bad sure but my boys play baseball so field dirt and cinders are always an issue). Can you speak to the texture/feel of these? The almost look soft/cushiony with the bubble texture. Are they, or are these hard rubber/plastic?

I guess what I am really wondering is whether they are slippery? They seem (depending on the answer) as if shoes would slide around on them if they are in fact some sort of hard plastic.

I looked at the Tuxmat because of the enthusiastic reviews and I like Canadian products but I needed something immediately to replace the WeatherTech liners I tried. The LDCRS liners look similar to Tuxmat, were in stock at Amazon and also had enthusiastic reviews. We love them because the cover like the Tuxmats have just enough texture and give that they're non-slip and (also like Tuxmat) they cover the entire dead-pedal area as well as filling the footwell. They're also a bit cheaper but not really enough to matter over the product lifetime.

I looked at the Tuxmat because of the enthusiastic reviews and I like Canadian products but I needed something immediately to replace the WeatherTech liners I tried. The LDCRS liners look similar to Tuxmat, were in stock at Amazon and also had enthusiastic reviews. We love them because the cover like the Tuxmats have just enough texture and give that they're non-slip and (also like Tuxmat) they cover the entire dead-pedal area as well as filling the footwell. They're also a bit cheaper but not really enough to matter over the product lifetime.
Looks like they're only made for the Y. Thought that was odd

Looking for something to use year round (winters are bad sure but my boys play baseball so field dirt and cinders are always an issue). Can you speak to the texture/feel of these? The almost look soft/cushiony with the bubble texture. Are they, or are these hard rubber/plastic?

I guess what I am really wondering is whether they are slippery? They seem (depending on the answer) as if shoes would slide around on them if they are in fact some sort of hard plastic.
Apologies for the delay. Was off the site for a few months. They are soft-ish. More robust than carpet/OEM mats but definitely not hard. We live in Ontario and whilst we haven’t had much snow this winter we hike a lot and they’ve seen mud, water, salt, sand and a little bit of snow this year and they have held up really well. Very easy to clean too. Coverage is substantial, much better than weather tech. Some may not like that but with our weather I do appreciate it.

I grabbed a set when I got the in-stock notification this morning. I currently have a set of Taptes floormats and they are fine, but my driver side's fit is a little bit off. I like the greater coverage of the Tuxmat from what I see in the pictures so hopefully they will work out well the rest of the winter.