Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Floor Mat Decision - If It Helps Others

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nick:

FWIW, I've had the Tuxmat in a PacHy for over a year now of daily abuse (kids). Zero wear.

As to Taptes, when they started astroturfing this website with fake user accounts they became dead to me. I refuse to do business with that kind of thing. Today I would selected from either LDCRS as the price/performance/ethics leaders or I would use Tuxmat if I wanted optimum coverage.

Knowing human nature as I do: Here is an example of their abuse. Look at page 3.

I truly wish I could edit that first post but it's not allowed. Shame, this is an example of why it's needs updating.

Naturally YMMV.

Reactions: JessicaG
Nick:

FWIW, I've had the Tuxmat in a PacHy for over a year now of daily abuse (kids). Zero wear.

As to Taptes, when they started astroturfing this website with fake user accounts they became dead to me. I refuse to do business with that kind of thing. Today I would selected from either LDCRS as the price/performance/ethics leaders or I would use Tuxmat if I wanted optimum coverage.

Knowing human nature as I do: Here is an example of their abuse. Look at page 3.

I truly wish I could edit that first post but it's not allowed. Shame, this is an example of why it's needs updating.

Naturally YMMV.
You have too many abbreviations and I don’t understand :) no Thanks for info about tuxmat quality. Tuxmat was out of stock so I got taptes. They seem to be pretty decent. Now, tuxmat is back in stock.

I bought kikimo floor mats from Amazon. Pretty happy with them. Like the look and the raised lip. The fit and finish is very good.

I wish I had bought only front and rear floor mats from kikimo, made out of TPE. And rubber based material for trunk. Reason being the TPE material has lower friction and things slide little easier in the trunk.

I bought kikimo floor mats from Amazon. Pretty happy with them. Like the look and the raised lip. The fit and finish is very good.

I wish I had bought only front and rear floor mats from kikimo, made out of TPE. And rubber based material for trunk. Reason being the TPE material has lower friction and things slide little easier in the trunk.

just received an email from taptes early this morning.

says that the mats have just shipped from their hong kong warehouse by sea and it will take roughly 30 days to arrive.

"Currently, your order has been shipped,
2023/03/01 The package has been picked up
2023/03/02 Packages arrived at Pinghu warehouse
2023/03/03 The package is containerized and shipped to Shanghai Terminal
Arrived at the terminal on 2023/03/04,
Customs declaration data forecast
2023/03/05 Shipment
2023/03/06 Departure from Shanghai Wharf

The estimated delivery date is around 2023/04/01."
Yup, mine took 20 business days to arrive. Packaging was great. None of the mats were bent and so I was able to install them tonight. 100% fit for MYLR7. I am impressed! No smell either. 😉

Attachments

• 20230304_190200.jpg
    20230304_190200.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 455
  • 20230304_185231.jpg
    20230304_185231.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 355
  • 20230304_190456.jpg
    20230304_190456.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 353
  • 20230304_190343.jpg
    20230304_190343.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 358
  • 20230304_190239.jpg
    20230304_190239.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 353
  • 20230304_190215.jpg
    20230304_190215.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 377
Reactions: fredzos
I ordered Autailors mats for the front and backseat off Amazon.

I ordered 3D Maxpider for the tailgate area mats. I was able to order those off of the Walmart website. Free shipping and delivery time was about a week. Price was better than most places.

If you are looking for 3D Maxpider mats for the front and backseat, check out the NAPA website. New customers to the website can get a 20% discount code on your first order.

Reactions: diddydee
Looks like pretty much every vendor has delays. Wondering if anyone has tried this set? This is one of the item that has quick delivery but has only 10 reviews.

SUPER LINER Tesla Model Y Floor Mats 7 Seater Full Set,All Weather Waterproof Floor Mats Cargo Frunk Trunk Mats Liners Accessories,Compatible with Model Y 2021 2022 2023 (7 Seater Full Set) https://a.co/d/9l8bkfa

Appreciate if anyone can point me to any other good set that has quick delivery dates.

Just getting back to this.
Thanks Rlaza. I want the tall sides of the front Tuxmat. I'll cut them as you did.

ev4Robert:
Ah rats. I forget LDCRS and can't edit the post. (tough rules here on that) Props though, you're right.

All:
Sending the Tuxmat Cargo stuff back. I don't like the 1 piece rear cargo and I'm not spending $220 on something I'm taking a razor blade too. Well, not since college anyway.

FWIW, LDCRS back ordered for 4-6 weeks, no way to back-order (which I hate, is the same BS Tuxmat does). Why do I have to babysit their inventory while they guess at the backed up orders? Just silly.

Argh!
The LDCRS floor mats are back in stock on Amazon. They also recently released under seat bins which were designed to fit with their floor mats. I ordered a set of those yesterday. By the way, they are offering a 15% discount which I believe expires today (3/15/2023).

You can't beat Lloyd's Mats if you're looking for some very nice carpeted mats to replace the OEM mats. I have their Luxe mats in our LRMY, and they are well worth the money. LUXE Carpet Luxury Floor Mats
Would also be interested in some pics, about to order for my Model S since the stock carpet mats move around a lot — just want to make sure they look sharp and stay in place before pulling the trigger since you cant return!

Any recommendations for high quality carpeted mats? Trying to increase sound absorption as much as I can.
Lloyd’s floor mats, now shows American floor mats on google. Google Lloyd’s floor mats. I’ve had the Lloyd’s Luxe premium carpeted mats in my 2015 model S P85D for 8 years. Extremely thick carpet (drive with shoes off) pile. Custom made for every vehicle, mine fit perfectly. Still look new after all these years. I vacuum the mats with the same upright we use on our home carpet.

If you are looking for a cargo mat that is absorbent, check out the Lessy Messy. It's great for the ice/slush and leak proof. Plus, it's really easy to clean - just throw it in the washer and dryer. Check out the video on
lessymessyauto.com

There seems to be 4 common choices being made:

Tesmanian: Least Expensive Maintream @ $209 for a full set. Sort of a flexible rubber/EDPM. Fits seems to be 8 of 10, folks like then. I suspect they get dirty/stained/worn looking easily.

TuxMat: The high end of common. I've used them in a PacHy and think highly of them. Well regarded here too. Sort of a softish tough fabric, they provide exceptional coverage. particularly in the front footwells.

3d MaxPider: Up front, loath their website. Seems built by a 19 year old marketing intern. If you do find the patience do ferret out product differences options and prices (patience is required) I think you'll find the Koga is the most commonly used version. Fabric not unlike Tuxmat, but not as good of coverage. Pricing isn't but, but the don't have a highly bundled kit like Taptes.

Taptes: Basically a 3D Maxpider ripoff, but apparently well done.

What I suggest:
* I consider the full set of Taptes as the best quality/cost/coverage. A lot of coverage for $270.
* I'm already spending some coin on the car, so I'm getting the best coverage I can. Tuxmat up front is $200. Their rear/frunk/truck set is $220 and seems silly high, but there aren't great other options. S

So $270 vs $420. An reasonable person would be offended by the well over 150% charge to move to Tuxmat over the Taptes. I certainly am. I'm very comfortablle paying for service and quality, but this is silly. However, I want the coverage, so while i begrudge them every dime I guess I'm going to buy Tuxmat.

You may reach other conclusions, and I'ms sure the "I love my XYZ" comments will follow. None of the less many of ya'll are considering the same thing - Here's a head start.

TESMANIAN
New all: $209
Cargo: $110

TuxMat
1&2 = $200
Cargos = $220

TAPTES:
Front: $149
All: $269
Cargo: $180 for matching matts
$ 80 for rubber

MAXPider
Front: $189 (amazon)
Got the TAPTES! Love them and better fit compared to MAXPider

What's the difference with TPE (tesmanian) vs XPE (maxpider/taptes) mats in terms of sound deadening? I would think sound bounces more in the car with TPE mats since they're more plastic-y.

Also, anyone have experience with these mats? They look like 3D maxpider/taptes copies but priced lower.

Tesla Model Y Floor Mats 2023 Tesla Model Y All Weather Floor Mats 2022 2021, Tesla Model Y Accessories 2023 2022 2021 Model Y Trunk Cargo Liners Front Rear Frunk Mats for Tesla Model Y 2021-2023 https://a.co/d/1vo21m6

In case this can provide more options for others looking. I got my mats off aliexpress and they fit great. was about $191 for front, rear, cargo, trunk, frunk, and 2nd row seat back. It did take a lil over a month to arrive, but they fit and feels great for the price compares to other vendors. I'll grab some photos from the car later
1682517404715.png
20230426_102023.jpg
20230426_101726.jpg
20230426_101656.jpg
20230426_101837.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kupe
I recently paid $595 usd for a full set of 3D kagu mats for my model y
(both rear sub trunks/ frunk/ front and rear seat mats and the cargo mat and seat back protectors)

this is my 3rd car with the maxspider mats and I love them. one set of mats I’ve had for 5+ years and they look brand new After 50k miles. They are a bit pricey but I like them way better than weathertech annd will never buy weather tech again. and the 3D logo for the model y is a new flat black chrome that I like too . I kinda wish I knew about the tesman mats cause they look almost identical and are nearly half the price. however I really like the 3d brand ones as they have never let me down. And they are made In the USA.

Reactions: CleanDemon