Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Floor Mat Decision - If It Helps Others

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There seems to be 4 common choices being made:

Tesmanian: Least Expensive Maintream @ $209 for a full set. Sort of a flexible rubber/EDPM. Fits seems to be 8 of 10, folks like then. I suspect they get dirty/stained/worn looking easily.

TuxMat: The high end of common. I've used them in a PacHy and think highly of them. Well regarded here too. Sort of a softish tough fabric, they provide exceptional coverage. particularly in the front footwells.

3d MaxPider: Up front, loath their website. Seems built by a 19 year old marketing intern. If you do find the patience do ferret out product differences options and prices (patience is required) I think you'll find the Koga is the most commonly used version. Fabric not unlike Tuxmat, but not as good of coverage. Pricing isn't but, but the don't have a highly bundled kit like Taptes.

Taptes: Basically a 3D Maxpider ripoff, but apparently well done.

What I suggest:
* I consider the full set of Taptes as the best quality/cost/coverage. A lot of coverage for $270.
* I'm already spending some coin on the car, so I'm getting the best coverage I can. Tuxmat up front is $200. Their rear/frunk/truck set is $220 and seems silly high, but there aren't great other options. S

So $270 vs $420. An reasonable person would be offended by the well over 150% charge to move to Tuxmat over the Taptes. I certainly am. I'm very comfortablle paying for service and quality, but this is silly. However, I want the coverage, so while i begrudge them every dime I guess I'm going to buy Tuxmat.

You may reach other conclusions, and I'ms sure the "I love my XYZ" comments will follow. None of the less many of ya'll are considering the same thing - Here's a head start.

TESMANIAN
New all: $209
Cargo: $110

TuxMat
1&2 = $200
Cargos = $220

TAPTES:
Front: $149
All: $269
Cargo: $180 for matching matts
$ 80 for rubber

MAXPider
Front: $189 (amazon)
These Topfit mats have been great and I love the look.

Attachments

• IMG_2388.jpeg
    IMG_2388.jpeg
    453.8 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_2390.jpeg
    IMG_2390.jpeg
    420.5 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_2392.jpeg
    IMG_2392.jpeg
    473.2 KB · Views: 158
Reactions: RobDeBank
I bought Phantom from Costco (made by Tuxmat) for $230 CAD, cheaper than their own price. I didn't even clip them in, works well and I like the sides are very tall. Probably hard to take out and clean though. Somehow my son still manages to kick on the parts that are not covered. Didn't feel like paying for the trunk cover. I just put some plastic sheets in there.