Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two Drivers, One Car: Access Differences Between Accounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When my spouse logs into their Tesla account, there's a little box that says "Model 3," has the VIN, a little picture of the car, and a Manage button as well as a referral link. When I log into mine, I don't have any of that; just a pictures of an S, X, and Powerwall with a couple of buttons to order, buy used, or test drive. When they log into their mobile app, there's an option to schedule service. On my app, that isn't present.

It's incredibly annoying that I'm not able to manage the car, and that my account doesn't even acknowledge that I *have* a car. Has anyone else noticed this with their shared car?

The sharing is already set up; I am able to drive with my phone, and am a secondary contact on my spouse's account. I apologize if that wasn't clear in the original post. The issue is that my account is not able to do the same things with the car that theirs is, namely manage, schedule service, and get support through the website.

I know I'm not the most eloquent of people at describing things, so here's some screenshots:

jeff_account_home.jpg mia_account_home.jpg

And the app:
jeff_app.jpg mia_app.jpg

The first ones are my spouse's, the second mine. As you can see, options are missing from my account.

I simply would like to know if anyone else who has a Tesla shared between two accounts has noticed this.

The sharing is already set up; I am able to drive with my phone, and am a secondary contact on my spouse's account. I apologize if that wasn't clear in the original post. The issue is that my account is not able to do the same things with the car that theirs is, namely manage, schedule service, and get support through the website.

I know I'm not the most eloquent of people at describing things, so here's some screenshots:

View attachment 418012 View attachment 418013

And the app:
View attachment 418014 View attachment 418015

The first ones are my spouse's, the second mine. As you can see, options are missing from my account.

I simply would like to know if anyone else who has a Tesla shared between two accounts has noticed this.
Haha she's got the loot box!