Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two more Model S's coming to central VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

techmaven

Feb 27, 2013
There aren't that many here in Richmond, but two more are coming. I finally placed my order using the old pricing scheme for a P85 black with black/carbon fiber interior. My good buddy also bought a black on black, but he is using the new pricing scheme. His is likely to come end of Sept and I chose for delivery in Oct.

I narrowly missed VIN P20000 by 4.

That's great, Congrats! Mine will be arriving this friday vin 16632 MS85 to Glen Allen.

Awesome! 16632 - you've had this on order for quite a while!

I'm likely to get XPEL stealth done up in Rockville and do delivery there so I can inspect using the checklist right at the SC in case of issues.

Still wondering if I should spring for the unlimited ranger service which I really don't want to have to do.

Yeah I ordered 6/24, confirmed 7/3, entered production 7/11, shipped from Cali 8/2, arrived in Rockville 8/5, delivering to me 8/9. I'm still on the fence about service plan with Ranger service or without, It seems like a good amount of Tesla's in the Richmond area so we should get a service center soon, fingers crossed. If that's the case then no need for ranger service for me, I figure if I need it $100 isn't that bad for a round trip and a fix from Rockville.

Tesla indicated at the RIR event that they cannot establish a service center in VA unless the VA Dealer Board Commissioner either rules that they can have a special exception to establish one or that the laws are changed in VA for a blanket exception. Apparently the problem with the VA Dealer Board Commissioner's exception is that it has to be done each and every time Tesla wants to open a gallery or a service center and it is subject to change which means that exception can be revoked. Hence the coming effort to have the law changed permanently.

In any case, congratulations. We will need pics.

There aren't that many here in Richmond, but two more are coming. I finally placed my order using the old pricing scheme for a P85 black with black/carbon fiber interior. My good buddy also bought a black on black, but he is using the new pricing scheme. His is likely to come end of Sept and I chose for delivery in Oct.

I narrowly missed VIN P20000 by 4.

YEAH!!! Congrats to you, your buddy (is this your friend that rode in Angela's car at RIR?), and cohast10475! I was at Montgomery
Mall yesterday and spied the cool new 19" turbines in person. I was hoping you would go "all out" with a P85+, hehe. Are we going with aftermarket parking sensors? Enjoy y'all!! Welcome!

Last edited:
I did my first tire rotation by myself the other day (I have two hydraulic floor jacks), and made some blocks of wood that match the jackpad size on the car. I am going to make two more of these and keep them in my Model s so if I do have to go to a service station, I can use the wood blocks to place on the shop's hydraulic lift arms to ensure it contacts the Model S where it is supposed to!

YEAH!!! Congrats to you, your buddy (is this your friend that rode in Angela's car at RIR?), and cohast10475! I was at Montgomery
Mall yesterday and spied the cool new 19" turbines in person. I was hoping you would go "all out" with a P85+, hehe. Are we going with aftermarket parking sensors? Enjoy y'all!! Welcome!

Actually, my buddy that ordered was not able to make it to RIR. He very much wanted to come, but his job comes first. :smile:

Thank you again for everything, especially for the ride @ RIR. Next time I should have my own Model S to take onto the track.

I had a long conversation with a person at Tesla today in regards to the parking sensors. I'm hoping they will work something out for those that want the parking sensors whose car hasn't left the factory yet other than pony for the $$$ difference with the new pricing scheme.

So my My MS85 arrived Friday around 5:30pm, I got it inspected and windows tinted on Saturday, now gotta go out of town on business and won't get to drive it for the next 20 days. On Friday and Saturday I got to enjoy it for a little while and then I let my wife try it, we both love it. I basically stopped all work going on at the place I took the car to get inspected, they couldn't believe how nice this car looked. They said you're probably the only one in Va with one of these, I said nope there are actually a few people with them. I guess when I get back in town I'll give a little review, this car will be taking alot of road trips to NY for business but not this time.
IMG_2229.JPG

Ha! There will be plausible deniability after all! With so few Model S's, I thought we would be very distinct. Now that there are going to be 3 black Model S's, I can always say it wasn't me, it was one of you! :smile:

Congratulations!

Last edited:
So my My MS85 arrived Friday around 5:30pm, I got it inspected and windows tinted on Saturday, now gotta go out of town on business and won't get to drive it for the next 20 days. On Friday and Saturday I got to enjoy it for a little while and then I let my wife try it, we both love it. I basically stopped all work going on at the place I took the car to get inspected, they couldn't believe how nice this car looked. They said you're probably the only one in Va with one of these, I said nope there are actually a few people with them. I guess when I get back in town I'll give a little review, this car will be taking alot of road trips to NY for business but not this time.

Congrats and welcome from another one of those few people in NoVA with one. It's still fun to see people's "what's that!?" reaction. We dropped off some donations at Goodwill yesterday and when I opened the frunk to get a bag of clothes out the entire place shut down for 20 minutes to check it out.

Too bad you won't get to drive it for a while! I've only had mine for about 25 days and already have logged 2k miles on it. Like you, quite a few trips to NY. It makes the turnpike much more bearable....