Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two new feature requests

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. When the sunroof is open, pleeeease don't let me engage the windshield washer fluid. I highly doubt I will ever make that mistake again (this is my first car with a sunroof), but no new owner wants to look like a smurf heading in to work.

2. If I use "Autopark" to squeeze into a tight parallel spot, present the option to use Autopark to get out of the spot. This one is more for my 72 yr-old dad (it was his idea), but I still thought it was a good one.

Reactions: Tezzie
1. When the sunroof is open, pleeeease don't let me engage the windshield washer fluid. I highly doubt I will ever make that mistake again (this is my first car with a sunroof), but no new owner wants to look like a smurf heading in to work.

Lets think smarter here :) ! the car should vary the pressure of the pump (or angle of the nozzles) to always hit the window and not over-spray based on ground-speed and estimated wind speed, Based on calculating the power used to move the vehicle at that speed, with the weight (from the smart suspension) and the car's attitude (for up/down hill)... or, I guess it could just not allow you to use them if the sunroof was open... what you said. :)

(I used to have a car that would use a higher pressure when the car was moving over x mph... it didn't always work out, but it was better.

2. If I use "Autopark" to squeeze into a tight parallel spot, present the option to use Autopark to get out of the spot. This one is more for my 72 yr-old dad (it was his idea), but I still thought it was a good one.

I like this. though I think it should always have the option to auto-unpark. I've seen just as many "bumps" from people parking as from parking. While we are on this, what about if it could also always monitor the space ahead and behind the car, and if someone else parks too close, possibly it could honk the horn and ask them to move a little forward? or even back up a little if there is space to protect the space.

Reactions: Tezzie and JohnnyG
Lets think smarter here :) ! the car should vary the pressure of the pump (or angle of the nozzles) to always hit the window and not over-spray based on ground-speed and estimated wind speed, Based on calculating the power used to move the vehicle at that speed, with the weight (from the smart suspension) and the car's attitude (for up/down hill)...
Hmmm, you forgot to account for weather including wind speed, also turbulence cause by surrounding vehicles. Maybe they could add more sensors, and a high precision vectored nozzles, then simulate every droplet of windshield wiper fluid using the Nvidia GPU's (like it's done in some 3D game scenes) and only if the simulation says no fluid will enter the cabin, spray. They could sell this option for a bargain price of only $20,000. :p

• Funny
Reactions: JohnnyG
Hmmm, you forgot to account for weather including wind speed, also turbulence cause by surrounding vehicles. Maybe they could add more sensors, and a high precision vectored nozzles, then simulate every droplet of windshield wiper fluid using the Nvidia GPU's (like it's done in some 3D game scenes) and only if the simulation says no fluid will enter the cabin, spray. They could sell this option for a bargain price of only $20,000. :p

Hey, lets not go overboard, I'm sure they could do it using a statistical sample of the droplets, they would probably not have to scan more than 10%. Of course, they would probably need a window washer fluid radar sensor to do a good job... but I am sure that would not be hard!

• Funny
Hey, lets not go overboard, I'm sure they could do it using a statistical sample of the droplets, they would probably not have to scan more than 10%. Of course, they would probably need a window washer fluid radar sensor to do a good job... but I am sure that would not be hard!

Let's also make it detect motorcycles behind you. I've almost taken off a few side views after receiving an unwelcome wiper fluid bath!

I want an automatic frunk closer mechanism (or at least an automatic latch). I hate having to put both hands on my grimy, bug splattered hood to close the frunk. I rarely use it because of this. (Note that my hood is not always grimy and bug splattered. I try to keep it clean, but invariably I have something to put in the car, look at the hood and say to myself "no way").

Bonus points if it can open hands free. I'm torn between the foot wave underneath or voice recognition: "Tesla - open the frunk"... "By your command".

I want an automatic frunk closer mechanism (or at least an automatic latch). I hate having to put both hands on my grimy, bug splattered hood to close the frunk. I rarely use it because of this. (Note that my hood is not always grimy and bug splattered. I try to keep it clean, but invariably I have something to put in the car, look at the hood and say to myself "no way").

Bonus points if it can open hands free. I'm torn between the foot wave underneath or voice recognition: "Tesla - open the frunk"... "By your command".

Now, now... that's only far fetched if you add the integral holographic projector that will project the race starting lights for those impromptu street races... which are made legal because Tesla automatic safety features are now so good that Tesla cars have been exempted from all speed limits.

But as a non far fetched idea, I want it too!

• Funny
Reactions: Ben W and JohnnyG

Maybe..... Tesla could be like Mercedes and do something like Magic Vision Control!;)
classic_historie_sl_innovationen_magic_vision_control.jpg

I have to admit, I was shocked that the Model X didn't have this. With all the automation going on there with the falcon wing doors, and the self opening/closing front doors, and the automatically adjusting headrests; I thought for sure they'd add something as simple as frunk remote open/close.