Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any chance the performance version of Model 3 will be made available when the AWD version will? Asking ‘cause isn’t that what happened with the S?

Also, I got my invite my I’m holding out for AWD or even better, the performance model. Can I still go in and play around in the design studio and not loose my spot in line for AWD?

Thanks.

Any chance the performance version of Model 3 will be made available when the AWD version will? Asking ‘cause isn’t that what happened with the S?

Also, I got my invite my I’m holding out for AWD or even better, the performance model. Can I still go in and play around in the design studio and not loose my spot in line for AWD?

Thanks.

I wouldn't really call it a design studio as the interior is the same for everyone and you can only look at wheels/color for the exterior.

I configured last week and I believe you get to play around with the options before putting down the $2,500 non-refundable deposit. If you don't put down the additional payment, it shouldn't mess your place in line as it remains unconfigured.

Definitely a chance. It would make sense because then they could upsell people waiting for AWD. I will be very tempted depending on price. The performance model was spotted being tested at a California racetrack recently.