Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TX Specialty Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would LOVE to have a Specialty plate here in TX. I like my plate, but would rather have a Specialty plate for us Texans. Is there any interest? It takes a lot of people/money to make it happen. The plate could look like this:
TeslaPlate.jpg
Info: Specialty License Plates
The TxDMV offers specialty license plates that benefit charity and non-profit organizations; honor our military men and women; and designate certain types of vehicles. Other Texas specialty plate designs are available from the marketing vendor My Plates. You can view all the TxDMV and My Plates specialty plate categories and designs by going to our online catalog.
Other Resources

Last edited:
MyPlates doesn't seem interested. Here is the email I received from them: Hello Jay,

Thank you foryour interest in partnering with My Plates on a license plate design related toyour organization. Due the size of your group, there is not a largeenough market size for My Plates. The upfront cost to bring a plate tothe market is $4,615 implementation fee (which is refunded to nonprofitorganizations only after 500 plates are sold), plus a $1,385 design and artworkfee. That makes a total cost of $6,000. My Plates pays a 10%royalty of each background sold.

The State ofTexas contracts with My Plates to create significant revenue through thedesign, marketing and sales of specialty license plates. In order for My Platesto a satisfy financial obligations to the State, we ask potential partners tobe able the following:

-300 sales in thefirst year
-500 sales in thefirst two years
-continued growthof sales over the following years
-a highrenewal/retention rate (70% minimum) over the life of the plate

Again, thank youfor your interest in partnership with My Plates.

Sincerely,

Mike Dehnisch