Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Typical spacing between hood and bumper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My hood was warped on delivery, so it was recently repaired at a body shop. They fixed the shape perfectly, and left-right alignment is spot-on. But I can't help but notice the front gap between the hood and bumper as I approach the car. I'm having trouble remembering what that gap looked like before the repair, and there aren't many M3s around here for me to compare in person.

Does this front spacing look normal, or is it worth having them push the hood forward a bit?

image000000-1.jpg

My hood was warped on delivery, so it was recently repaired at a body shop. They fixed the shape perfectly, and left-right alignment is spot-on. But I can't help but notice the front gap between the hood and bumper as I approach the car. I'm having trouble remembering what that gap looked like before the repair, and there aren't many M3s around here for me to compare in person.

Does this front spacing look normal, or is it worth having them push the hood forward a bit?

View attachment 361542

No, it’s not normal. Nonetheless, leave it alone!

After they repainted and realigned my hood, it now looks the same as yours. I had them try to pull it down a bit ... you don’t want to know what the outcome of that was. If it’s something you can live with (pretend it’s an LFA), leave it alone. They’re only going to damage it further if you don’t. Not worth the heartache.

View attachment 361542

I’ve seen worse, yours looks good, at least in the picture looks like it’s even all the way around