Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyre fitters in Bucks/MK area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best I've found in the area for speed, price and service is
B & T Tyres, 13 Tavistock St, Bletchley, Milton Keynes MK2 2PG - 01908 648318

... but, I've got no idea if they are good with a Tesla as I've not yet had to replace tyres, that that is where I was planning to go when the time comes...

May be worth a phone call at least...

• Helpful
Reactions: Peteski
Wasn’t for MX but the last rubber I got was for my 360z in the forum of Dunlop SP sports which isn’t a cheap Tyre.

I purchased them on tyreleader.com which was shipped from Germany for 50% cheaper than anyone else could do them then I went to my local garage and asked them to fit he tyres which they did for £50 it’s a little more hassle but I saved hundreds.

Black circles can also be good value but some Tyre sizes are crazy expensive with them and suspect the monsters on an MX could be costly all round.

• Helpful
D62CFA82-B641-4132-8775-18479484FA9E.png

Just had this email help yourself

I had a punctured tyre replaced last week by ATS Euromaster, Kingsthorpe Rd, Northampton NN2 6LW
They are contracted to Tesla so know how to handle the cars and all their quirks.
Tyre was replaced with exact same tyre (Michelin Pilot 3 TO), which at £277 was £70 dearer than the same model of tyre. You pay the extra as the 'TO' tyres have noise cancelling foam in the tyre....how much of a difference that makes is debatable.
They also do tyre insurance for an extra £16 in case you get another puncture....seemed good service to me.

• Helpful
I had a punctured tyre replaced last week by ATS Euromaster, Kingsthorpe Rd, Northampton NN2 6LW
They are contracted to Tesla so know how to handle the cars and all their quirks.
Tyre was replaced with exact same tyre (Michelin Pilot 3 TO), which at £277 was £70 dearer than the same model of tyre. You pay the extra as the 'TO' tyres have noise cancelling foam in the tyre....how much of a difference that makes is debatable.
They also do tyre insurance for an extra £16 in case you get another puncture....seemed good service to me.

That could be a winner then. I'll price them up at the usual online suspects and see how they compare with ATS. My biggest worry was actually the fitting, so anyone with Tesla experience would be preferable.

tyre fitting is not some black art for Teslas.

My local garage who I have used for years do mine every time.
All you need to do is put it in jack mode; and all the tyre guys have to do is remove the cups from the trolley jacks and make sure they lift on the pads on the sills not the battery.

I havent used camskill for a while as my local independent guys are usually cheaper by a few quid anyway.

Dont fall for the big chain hype imho, try your local guys and you'll likely save upwards of £200 for a set.

tyre fitting is not some black art for Teslas.

My local garage who I have used for years do mine every time.
All you need to do is put it in jack mode; and all the tyre guys have to do is remove the cups from the trolley jacks and make sure they lift on the pads on the sills not the battery.

I havent used camskill for a while as my local independent guys are usually cheaper by a few quid anyway.

Dont fall for the big chain hype imho, try your local guys and you'll likely save upwards of £200 for a set.

It's all in the detail, lots of reports of battery damage from lifting. Also lots of reports of under-torqued wheel nuts. Unfortunately I don't trust our local garage guy. Last time he changed a set of tyres on my wife's Nissan, it came back with random tyre pressures ranging from 27 to 38 psi across the set. If I gave him the Tesla, I doubt he would even know how to put it in gear, never mind putting it in Jack mode and lifting it properly. I could obviously show him, but he's not the listening sort if you know what I mean. Hence my request for someone who knows what they are doing!

if you think ATS are any better ... well lol basically.
I could fill this forum will horror stories about ATS, National Tyres et al; not to mention horrific personal experience with them.
... caveat emptor my friend

The only recommendation can be that you get Tesla to do it in that case.
Yes they will charge a premium and use an external provider but they will also carry the resposbility for the work (and presuambly use a supplier they have vetted).

if you think ATS are any better ... well lol basically.
I could fill this forum will horror stories about ATS, National Tyres et al; not to mention horrific personal experience with them.
... caveat emptor my friend

Yes they will charge a premium and use an external provider but they will also carry the resposbility for the work (and presuambly use a supplier they have vetted).

Why do you think I asked for personal recommendations? Some ATS places are actually very good, others are total crap. It all depends on the actual guy doing the job. Hence my question. I happen to know first hand that my local garage is piss poor, so that's not an option here.

... It all depends on the actual guy doing the job...

and there's the rub.

The nationals will shut you out of the garage for "health & safety reasons" ; you have no idea who is actually doing the work and whether that individual is a diamond or total to$$er. One day you're lucky then next your alloy's got a sceape "that was there when you brought it in mate"

I quite understand if you know you local outfit to be poor, but I am obviously lucky my lot always come up with good prices, always revere the thing when it's in there, give me a mug of coffee and are quite happy to let me watch. That's why they have had over 200 tyres worth of business from me over the years.

Just have to hope I havent jinxed them now!

best of luck with getting yours done mate wherever you end up.

Tesla seem to do tyre work in-house (at least they did for me at Milton Keynes, when I went attempting to buy loose wheels+sensors for get my local place to fit tyres on, only to end up with Tesla fitting them anyhow due to various circumstances.