Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyre Sealant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I am expecting delivery in September of a M3 LR, I have seen that they don't have a spare wheel or space saver. I have also seen that the standard tyres have noise suppression foam in them.
My question is, could I still use a puncture prevention fluid such as this one:

I guess a tyre place could remove the foam, it's really been shown to make very little difference to the noise. Does that stuff really work, I've used Stan's on mountain bike tyres for years and wondered why cars don't have the same? Wouldn't it need replacing, on a bike after a year it's typically done for.

Got a m3sr+ coming in September and have got a dynaplug for cars that I’m going to carry in the car just in case we get a flat, and a small foot pump. Coming from a cycling background I have been using Stan’s for years with great success but also carry a small dynaplug for bigger holes.

I guess a tyre place could remove the foam, it's really been shown to make very little difference to the noise. Does that stuff really work, I've used Stan's on mountain bike tyres for years and wondered why cars don't have the same? Wouldn't it need replacing, on a bike after a year it's typically done for.
Having read all the FAQs on the 'Sealed' website - I have now seen a bit of small print that states their puncture prevention fluid 'should not be installed into tyres with noise cancelling technology such as Pirelli NCS or Continentals ContiSilent'. So I guess that answeres my question! Unless different brands are suitable...
I will look into products similar to Stan's (for cars) & I hadn't heard of Dynaplug before!

Take a look at images of the foam lined tyres and judge whether any solution you find will be effective if it is blocked from entering the puncture area because its covered by the acoustic foam. Most of the uncovered area of the tyre is in the sidewall areas where non cosmetic repairs are not allowed.