Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyres ??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I’m after some advice

After nearly 3 years and 25k miles, my model 3 performance is going to need 4 new tyres pretty soon

I’m tempted to just go for the Pilot Sport 4s again as they have been great , but I was wondering if there is anything better around ?

The Continetal SportContact 7 seems to be getting good reviews and won both the Evo Magazine and Tyre Reviews tests, though the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S still performs well and almost as good as the Continental. The biggest problem with the Continetal SportContact 7 is that it’s only made in a limited number of sizes at the moment and not sure if they make one to fit the model 3 performance yet. If they don’t I’d be tempted to just go with the Pilot Sport 4S as it’s still a very good tyre.

Reactions: Ant M3
I’m also wondering whether to stay with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S or search for an alternative which has a wider profile and therefore provide some protection against kerb rash, which I’ve never suffered from with other vehicles. I know of course the driver is to blame, but I can’t decide if it’s the profile of the tyre or the wheel that’s different.

Reactions: Ant M3 and Avendit