Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

U.S. website shows chrome delete model now.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also grew up in the 80's, Chrome was BIG. Hated it then, dislike it now. But in some professions it was handy. ;)View attachment 599205
Can we finally stop calling it "chrome delete" now?

It's just matte black trim. No chrome has been defaced in the manufacturing process.

That will make me very happy because I have been trying to explain to everyone that it's never been chrome. That brightwork is anodized aluminum. Anyone should be able to see it's not chrome since it doesn't have the mirror finish of chrome.

To each their own. I grew up in the 80's and 90's so I love the brightwork that shows off the design lines and ups the classiness of the car.

You may be too young to remember, but did you know they had the "blacked out, dechromed" look back in the 80's and 90's?? Yes sir, they had it on all the low-rent econoboxes that were too cheap to include brightwork.

So not sure you're moving forward there...Just moving down.

I agree I like the chrome/ anodized aluminum
However I don’t like when over time with uv exposure and maybe water etching the aluminum starts to get some spots/swirls in it

Reactions: Noodles
I like chrome depending on the color. For instance, i think it goes better with white and blue. All the other colors, I think black trim works better. My wife, on the other hand, actually prefers chrome. She's already asked me how to add chrome to the model Y when we take delivery. We're both in our late 30s.

Reactions: XLR82XS
Ive seen my red M3 with 18" wheels and "chrome" next to a red M3 with "chrome" wheels. The bright wheels and trim just set the car off perfectly. Same for my blue M3.
I'll probly change wheels soon, I didn't want the 19 or 20" wheels.

But if I could find some gangster whitewalls...

[QUOTE
andrew1039 said:
I agree I like the chrome/ anodized aluminum
However I don’t like when over time with uv exposure and maybe water etching the aluminum starts to get some spots/swirls in it
QUOTE]

Won't the black stuff be subject to the same wear and age issues? In every car I've owned since my 1956 Chevy, I've always cleaned and cared for the chrome as well as the paint.

I like the wheels and the range of the newer cars but that's about it. The chrome has grown on me and in IMO, it gives the car a more premium look. I also prefer the look of shiny center console, and the powered trunk is either here nor there. The performance difference is likely Tesla being less conservative and listing the actual numbers people have been able to achieve. I'm doubtful it's a true performance increase.

Reactions: valaeyron