Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UAVs/Phantom Vision 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where ddi you purchase yours? To keep the thread 'on topic'. I need it to look for more new SCs on the east coast.

I got mine at B&H Photo, Phantom 1, With GoPro Hero 3. which died Sunday. Hero4 on order. Come on down to Charlotte, NC SC. We meet first Friday ea month, and eat lunch

P1060121.JPG
IMG_1523.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/44016-Gigafactory-Drone-Pics

Other good shots of the factory. Very windy day. Phantom ll with Hero 3.

The most recent variant, the Phantom II Vision+ (the + is important) is remarkable. It is an "all in one" system, comes with gimbal and camera. If you want to run your own camera for some specific reason, this is a downside... on the upside their camera is quite good, and everything "just works" right out of the box. I shot a multi-million dollar (hollywood producer's) home on that aircraft's second flight. This is a man that makes a living with $100,000 cameras on cranes, etc, etc. and he was very impressed with the pictures. He couldn't get equipment to his very isolated house (way back on very hilly dirt roads) without spending a fortune. I showed up with the quad and everything to fly in packed in one case that fits in an airline overhead. :)

And... the Vision+ feature set is remarkable. Comes with a transmitter (controller) that has a clip for your iPhone or Android phone. Free app downlinks the camera and allows you to fully control the camera. Flight stabilization in incredible, including "Return to home" if battery gets low. Or, if you get totally disoriented, just turn the transmitter off. The bird will RTH on loss of signal...and auto-land!!

Having said that, I live in an absolute hotbed of Quad/Drone activity via "Aero Hobbies" in Lewisville TX. The newest, hottest, most stable, most capable "all in one" is the Yuneec Q500. Not as widely know a brand as DJI-Phantom... about twice as nice to fly... and so forth. You can't go wrong with either one.

Careful with that. A quick cursory look at their website:

• Built-in Lithium-Ion Battery

Also, look up UAV propeller injury as this one doesn't seem to have any landing gear of any sort.

Last edited:
Careful with that. A quick cursory look at their website:

• Built-in Lithium-Ion Battery

Yeah, they address it in the FAQ. The built-in aspect is due to it being waterproof. I think having a user serviceable battery probably lowers the waterproof safety, at least initially. I don't plan to buy one, just thought it was a cool concept. I'm considering a Phantom 3 Pro as a more reasonable purchase.