Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Uber CEO Travis Kalanick Resigns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uber CEO Travis Kalanick resigned Tuesday, leaving the helm of the ride-hailing company he founded after reports of sexual harassment, discrimination and unsavory business practices at the company.

The New York Times first reported Kalanick’s decision. According to the report, Kalanick’s move came after significant pressure from the company’s investors. He will remain on the board of directors.

“I love Uber more than anything in the world and at this difficult moment in my personal life I have accepted the investors request to step aside so that Uber can go back to building rather than be distracted with another fight,” Kalanick said in a statement.

Uber has aimed to revolutionize transportation. Apart from its ride-hailing service, the company has also invested heavily in autonomous vehicle technology. Months of scandal have rocked the company, gutting its executive suite. Uber is now missing a CEO, COO, CFO, CMO and other high-level positions.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the article below:

Elon Musk to Leave Tesla Motors After Model 3 Release?

it says Elon Musk will step down from Tesla after successful Model ≡ launch.

Good he doesn't care about Tesla anyway, it is old hat to him. He is on to bigger and better things like space rockets and tunnels and hyper loops. He has proven he can do it why should he be bothered with day-to-day stuff?

According to the article below:

Elon Musk to Leave Tesla Motors After Model 3 Release?

it says Elon Musk will step down from Tesla after successful Model ≡ launch.
Unfortunately, that article falls under this:
Betteridge's law of headlines - Wikipedia

The direct quote is supposedly a Reuter's interview in 2013 where he said "stay with the automaker through the successful launch of the Model 3".
This seems to be thread discussing the video:
Musk: Time to tackle dealer dispute (Reuters TV)
Working video link:
Musk: Time to tackle dealer dispute

• Informative
Reactions: Tam