Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uberturbine Aero Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arrived after 2 months. Had to pay customs £65.

Attachments

• 20221116_190959.jpg
    20221116_190959.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 434
  • 20221116_191006.jpg
    20221116_191006.jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 282
  • 20221116_191036.jpg
    20221116_191036.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 328
Reactions: enemji
I purchased the Tungsten Gray wheel covers from AliExpress and so far I like them. They are not quite up to the same quality as the Rimetrix Orbitals I’ve had for over a year but they do look great.

The plastic is thinner than the Orbitals and I’m not sure the center cap will stay attached. It’s only held on with double sided tape.
41BACA2F-E38C-4920-9FF9-6BB1BF5348AD.jpeg

I purchased the Tungsten Gray wheel covers from AliExpress and so far I like them. They are not quite up to the same quality as the Rimetrix Orbitals I’ve had for over a year but they do look great.

The plastic is thinner than the Orbitals and I’m not sure the center cap will stay attached. It’s only held on with double sided tape. View attachment 876321

put some tesla logo stickers on (probably white for yours) they look even better then.

Matt black or gunmetal gray? Which do you prefer if you keep your tires dressed?

matte black imho only if you have black paint AND keep your tires religiously dressed.
For everything else gunmetal gray. Also keep in mind their gunmetal looks very dark and there isnt that much difference (darker than OEM uberturbines)

I have black paint and id go gunmetal a second time even though i have dressed tires.

this is matte black with black paint.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-12-26 at 17.40.29.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-26 at 17.40.29.jpeg
    680.1 KB · Views: 400
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-12-26 at 17.39.31.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-26 at 17.39.31.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 409
Question - I've seen enough complaints about these aftermarket wheel covers scratching the factory wheels, either from the lip of the covers rubbing or from their clips. I know foam strips are used to address the lip issue but, how are you all solving for the clip problem? The aftermarket covers all look like they're using the same clip system as the Tesla OEM covers so, why are these aftermarket covers damaging the factory wheels vs. Tesla OEM covers are not?

Question - I've seen enough complaints about these aftermarket wheel covers scratching the factory wheels, either from the lip of the covers rubbing or from their clips. I know foam strips are used to address the lip issue but, how are you all solving for the clip problem? The aftermarket covers all look like they're using the same clip system as the Tesla OEM covers so, why are these aftermarket covers damaging the factory wheels vs. Tesla OEM covers are not?
Also foam or electrical tape (probably most effective if applied on wheel). Reason is probably because the clips don't quite clip the same way. The spoke design is completely different. That said, even the OEM covers can scratch the clear coat too on the wheel. If there is a little play, sand can get between the clip and the wheel and that will scratch the clear coat on the wheel as it jiggles from driving.