Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uberturbine Look Aero Wheel Cover for Gemini covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're able to wait. Aliexpress is the way to go. You'll save a good chunk of money for your time... there are occasional coupons on the site/storefronts.

Make sure you do your research and buy from a reputable seller (can filter based on units sold and read the reviews). Ensure they are symmetrical if that matters to you. Lastly, optional, but you can chat with the rep to make sure you get what you want... in my case I really wanted the matted out center caps with Tesla T logo (some stores just have blank caps).

FYI. Ordered 3/31. Delivered yesterday 4/20 to San Diego. $166 vs. $250-300 I'm seeing.
Did you get "gun grey" color and is that the OEM color? Also, how did you privately communicate with the seller to get the Tesla matte caps? Thanks.

I'm also curious if "gun grey" or "matte black" is closer to the OEM color. And any updated on impact on range with those XINLIN covers? Thanks.
Thinking the gun grey is closest. Sometimes the OEM uberturbines I see around look darker but that could just be the lighting. Plastic covers vs. aluminum wheels.

Not too worried about range. If it turns out to be the same, that's great. If it takes a slight hit, I'm ok with that, too. Worth it for the look vs. Geminis.

For reference... XINLINs in Gun Grey.

IMG_5420.jpg

We have this wheel cover available in our USA warehouse, free shipping in 5-7 business days. currently in the summer sale; use code; Yes20 for 20% off.

Tesla Model Y 2020-2023 Wheel Protection Covers Hub Caps, Fit 19 Inch Wheel ONLY

I just installed these rim covers on my MYLR. I was researching and following posts about many other rim covers and wanted to share my experience. I wanted to badly change the look of the wheels to something black, but didnt want to pay $2K for upgraded wheels. I ordered these and they came within 5 days and were packaged amazingly. Each piece was in its own box with bubble wrap carefully wrapped. Instructions were very simple to follow.
Add the foam tape to the inside perimeter and pop off the existing wheel covers. Align the air valve stem and then pop the Lasfit covers right on. Done.

These seem very well made and weigh similar to the Tesla ones except these will cover the rims entirely. So anyone that has had rim damage (curb rash) can cover up the scratches with this wheel cover. I would expect these to have similar efficiency as they cover up pretty well and dont have that big of an opening in the spokes.

IMG_20230822_173402956.jpgIMG_20230822_173433824_HDR.jpgIMG_20230822_173600984_HDR.jpgIMG_20230822_173743366_HDR.jpg

Can anyone comment on the efficiency of either the covers in the link above or from the YouTube video? I don't care if they add range (like the guy says in the video), but I'd certainly prefer not to take a hit.
I track my drives with Teslamate. The first week of ownership I had OEM wheel covers while I waited for a set to be delivered from Aliexpress. In that time I did not notice any differences in consumption. Last week, I replaced the wheel covers with the Lasfit ones pictured above. Same thing, I have not seen any consumption difference to note. From the last 1 month of drives that were longer than 15 miles: I see a less than 20 Wh/mi avg difference and that could be due to the outside temperature or using more HVAC.

Reactions: cbrigante2
You only see a difference if traveling at faster speeds (highway). if the commute local and not very fast there is no increase miles. However, if you drive an hour highway with and without the caps there is a difference.