Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uhhh i just picked up an inventory white a stealth p with 19 inch wheels for 51,990.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is another prediction... Tesla will say that these prices were a mistake, and should not have been on the website and alter the pricing. With that being said, I predict that "some" people will likely get to buy cars at those prices, even if most dont. There will be no rhyme or reason as to why most are told no, but a lucky few get to keep their pricing.

This prediction does not come from inside knowledge, just from watching how tesla operates.

If I am correct, and you happen to be one of the lucky few that get to keep their pricing, for the love of @!$!@$2 do not come back here and tell everyone "well I got to buy it at that price, no idea why you didnt"... unless you just want to stir up a @!#$!@ storm.

Whelp, here's your answer everyone - I was able to grab the P3D- 19" wheels this morning for $52,990 and just got this email

We’ve been contacted by the factory regarding the Model 3 you ordered, VIN 5YJ3E1EC6LF627055. Evidently this particular configuration is no longer offered and this VIN will not be produced. Please feel free to browse the inventory brochure for a similar configuration, or you may configure a new vehicle through the Tesla site.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

So there you go, pure bullshit at it's finest. Once they realize the stealth configuration isn't selling at the same price as full performance they hopefully they'll lower the price back down.

Reactions: byeLT4
Whelp, here's your answer everyone - I was able to grab the P3D- 19" wheels this morning for $52,990 and just got this email

We’ve been contacted by the factory regarding the Model 3 you ordered, VIN 5YJ3E1EC6LF627055. Evidently this particular configuration is no longer offered and this VIN will not be produced. Please feel free to browse the inventory brochure for a similar configuration, or you may configure a new vehicle through the Tesla site.

So there you go, pure bullshit at it's finest. Once they realize the stealth configuration isn't selling at the same price as full performance they hopefully they'll lower the price back down.

u got the black? i’m still holding out hope that they’ll still do the white, as it’s a more popular color. lol

Are they giving you the $100 refund?

We know that Tesla is not currently offering the Performance model with 19” wheels. So when I saw a few of them listed at the old Stealth pricing but with 19” wheels I knew something had to be a mistake. They had some Stealth cars with 18” wheels selling for the full Performance price side by side with the 19’s for thousands less. It made no sense, but I was curious to see if anyone might get lucky and snag one before Tesla realized they screwed up. So far it sounds like nobody has a confirmed order at the old pricing yet. Let’s see if anyone gets lucky.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Someone called me today and wanted to make sure I finished the financing application -- I inquired as to the price discrepancy and he said that was odd, and the email should be correct. I'm waiting for him to get back to me. Not holding my breath, lol.

How is it bullshit? You went in knowing full well this was unlikely to go through. Just a mistake on Tesla's part.

Reactions: jjrandorin
A few random facts:

1. I haven't gotten any notification of cancellation and my order still shows up under my account.

2. As I said previously I see two different prices and my SA told me that it was a calculation error and would be fixed. The too-high price has since changed but is still nearly $8K more than the other price on the same page.

3. I actually got a call from a customer service guy in CA who wanted to ask me about my ordering experience, etc. He specifically referred to the car as a "stealth performance" and when I asked about switching to 18" wheels said that because the cars were already queued into the system that any changes would mean paying the full $8K performance price.

So yeah, no idea what's going on. My SA is out today, perhaps I'll learn something more tomorrow.

Here is another prediction... Tesla will say that these prices were a mistake, and should not have been on the website and alter the pricing. With that being said, I predict that "some" people will likely get to buy cars at those prices, even if most dont. There will be no rhyme or reason as to why most are told no, but a lucky few get to keep their pricing.

This prediction does not come from inside knowledge, just from watching how tesla operates.

If I am correct, and you happen to be one of the lucky few that get to keep their pricing, for the love of @!$!@$2 do not come back here and tell everyone "well I got to buy it at that price, no idea why you didnt"... unless you just want to stir up a @!#$!@ storm.

A few random facts:

1. I haven't gotten any notification of cancellation and my order still shows up under my account.

2. As I said previously I see two different prices and my SA told me that it was a calculation error and would be fixed. The too-high price has since changed but is still nearly $8K more than the other price on the same page.

3. I actually got a call from a customer service guy in CA who wanted to ask me about my ordering experience, etc. He specifically referred to the car as a "stealth performance" and when I asked about switching to 18" wheels said that because the cars were already queued into the system that any changes would mean paying the full $8K performance price.

So yeah, no idea what's going on. My SA is out today, perhaps I'll learn something more tomorrow.

A few random facts:

this leaves me cautiously optimistic... please update us when you hear more!

It's difficult to read context from two quotes without further comment, but for the record my intent is only to provide another data point on a situation that seems very much in limbo right now.

I was highlighting my prediction, and pointing out how your post falls directly in line with what I predicted, and hopeful that you would look at it, and if you get to keep your price, keep it to yourself instead of providing it here as "another data point". As I said, it wont do anything other than stir up another sh!*storm, because there will be no rhyme or reason why some very few people get to get some version of these prices, while others wont.

All it will do is cause confusion, and outrage, and since I am fairly certain that at least SOMEONE from tesla monitor these boards, increase the chance that you (or anyone else who appears to be getting "the deal") ends up not getting it because of the visibility of it.

Reactions: OCR1