Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Model 3 Long Range Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected this from the Staines Delivery Center yesterday at about 5pm, lots of cars still waiting and deliveries were going to be ongoing to 10pm.

car.jpg

No surprises, everything was as expected. Took less than 15 mins to complete the PX and get in the new, took far longer than that to get back home avoiding the traffic on the M25.

Weird software version, 2022.11.101.6,and it instantly wanted to download the latest Nav. I had some funnies last night with AutoPilot, hopefully completing the download and letting it sleep will have sorted it.

Best wishes to everyone waiting for their deliveries in the next quarters

Collected this from the Staines Delivery Center yesterday at about 5pm, lots of cars still waiting and deliveries were going to be ongoing to 10pm.

View attachment 823453

No surprises, everything was as expected. Took less than 15 mins to complete the PX and get in the new, took far longer than that to get back home avoiding the traffic on the M25.

Weird software version, 2022.11.101.6,and it instantly wanted to download the latest Nav. I had some funnies last night with AutoPilot, hopefully completing the download and letting it sleep will have sorted it.

Grats mate, what an absolute beauty. Reagrdless of the horror stories, the collection for pretty much everyone has been flawless. Snowy came out spotless, and she's a total joy. Well done.

I mirror the sentiment. To anyone waiting, hang in there, it when it finally arrives; does not dissapoint for a moment.

Reactions: DaveMGoT

View attachment 823453

Great to hear, congratulations on the nice new car!

Hi guys, I’m new here and this is my first post on this forum.
I ordered my M3LR (blue, black interior and standard 18inch Aero wheels) in January 2022 through my employer’s salary sacrifice scheme. Unfortunately this means I can’t see estimated delivery dates on my Tesla account. Original estimated delivery date was March, then put back to May / June.
I last rang Tesla about a week ago, and they’ve advised that current estimated delivery is late August - early September.
Very excited for when delivery day (finally) comes.

Reactions: Snowy77
Hi guys, I’m new here and this is my first post on this forum.
I ordered my M3LR (blue, black interior and standard 18inch Aero wheels) in January 2022 through my employer’s salary sacrifice scheme. Unfortunately this means I can’t see estimated delivery dates on my Tesla account. Original estimated delivery date was March, then put back to May / June.
I last rang Tesla about a week ago, and they’ve advised that current estimated delivery is late August - early September.
Very excited for when delivery day (finally) comes.

Sounds about right. I ordered a M3RWD in January, in early Feb changed over to a M3LR and unfortunately had to decline delivery in March - it is now showing 15 Aug 14 Sept estimation.

Reactions: Snowy77
Well I just got my M3LR :p

(21 plate loaner whilst my MS P is in service)
- first time I've had a chance to drive one - and what an excellent car it is, thoroughly enjoyable,- so for those of you in the waiting room I can say it is definitely worth hanging in there. Driven a couple of other EVs recently VW/Kia and they are not bad in their own right, but rubbish in comparison.

I don’t know if any of you have seen this latest news regarding M3 LR

saw this but I don’t know if they have a lag because I thought we’ve had 79kwh batteries with around 75kwh usable for a while now? since late 2021 I think?

He made a video previously comparing new long range which turned out to not be the new long range so I’d take with a pinch of salt at the moment until there is more evidence. Normally while Tesla don’t communicate battery size they’re very quick to update WLTP

I'm not reading too much into it. Although if the quality of the on-board car software is reflected in the EDD algorithm, it might be disappointing (or dangerous) 🤣.

Whilst waiting, I'm curious to hear from others who have already collected about the experience. When you come to book your collection, does it have to be on a specific day set by Tesla or do they give options?

Also as we've all had plenty of time to wait, has anyone considered modifications to their M3LR? I've been exploring everything from tinted back windows to vinyl wraps, painted callipers and decals to cover up that wooden dashboard detail. I'd be interested to hear what others are exploring...

I'm not reading too much into it. Although if the quality of the on-board car software is reflected in the EDD algorithm, it might be disappointing (or dangerous) 🤣.

Whilst waiting, I'm curious to hear from others who have already collected about the experience. When you come to book your collection, does it have to be on a specific day set by Tesla or do they give options?

Also as we've all had plenty of time to wait, has anyone considered modifications to their M3LR? I've been exploring everything from tinted back windows to vinyl wraps, painted callipers and decals to cover up that wooden dashboard detail. I'd be interested to hear what others are exploring...
I got a text telling me to go log in to arrange a collection date.

I was happy as I wanted to choose the best day and time for me with my busy schedule.

Every single option on the day selector was greyed out, except the 30th June. Plus, every single time was greyed out except 3pm.

So I didnt have a choice. I guess mine was the last day of the quarter though.

No mods. But will be buying a cup holder insert. The stock cup holder gapes and its not secure. I suggest installing a neck brace of some sort, because you will be addicted to the acceleration and you will get a stiff neck.

Oh, I ordered a wheel cap kit off amazon and took the aero covers off as well, obviously!

Attachments

• 20220703_161357.jpg
    20220703_161357.jpg
    958.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 20220703_105235.jpg
    20220703_105235.jpg
    682.5 KB · Views: 81