Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quite correct. Mine is sat in Heathrow airport car park once again. Been there only
2 days so far. I think I might have lost a whole 1 mile (?) and zero percent with sentry off and checking the app at least twice a day😉.
Parked under cover so won’t activate any climate.
It’s another negative myth unless you’re leaving it for extended periods with sentry on and perhaps 🤔 overheat protection in direct sunlight.
Another needless worry for many. Same as range anxiety.
I was going by a Tesla statement saying it is approx 1% a day. Seen many people saying up to 3/4% a day with sentry on.

I replied to the guy who said he only does 5000 miles a year (like me).
1% a day would be approx 20% or 1000 miles worth of energy a year which I would not consider insignificant.

Cost per mile is therefore 20% more than used cost per mile

• Disagree
Reactions: JOL1
I was going by a Tesla statement saying it is approx 1% a day. Seen many people saying up to 3/4% a day with sentry on.

I replied to the guy who said he only does 5000 miles a year (like me).
1% a day would be approx 20% or 1000 miles worth of energy a year which I would not consider insignificant.

Cost per mile is therefore 20% more than used cost per mile
Not following your maths but if it’s 1% a day on a 60kwh battery that’s 219kwh a year right? About the same as a fridge freezer over the year. The only reason it looks like a lot of miles is because the wh/mile is good.

I’m following what you mean now as you spend 6000 miles worth of energy to get 5000.

So you might be getting somewhere around 3.7 miles per kWh over the year instead of 4.5 because of your overall mileage. Still a lot of EVs on the market struggle
to manage that
I'm sure it's not quite as simple as I've made it seem but very good point about how efficient they are. I believe the RWD is the most efficient so it should be least effected.

Old software seemed to wake the vehicle up every 24 hours and lost almost 1% per day. In recent months it doesn't to that anymore.

I sometimes don't use my car during the week, and it loses about 1% during those 5 to 6 unused days.

Keep in mind your EV will drop charge while not doing any miles..so in fact it can be more costly on the basis that diesel doesn't really dwindle away while being parked

This is something I'm worried about as I do t do many miles now in my diesel. I need to research how much battery drops while not being used..
I feel a PHD coming on...just enjoy your car:)

You're correct, but the point I was making is poor PDI prep at the dealership is not exclusive to Tesla.

Dealer coatings are generally always a rip off but even asking for minimal prep I expect any professional detailer will do a stage one polish on any new car prior to adding any protection.
Absolutely bang-on.....I wouldn`t let a dealer PDI unit within 20 mtrs of my car, for anything, at any time. I`ll collect my car, with or without any MINOR imperfections, bring it home, look at it LOTS, take pics of it LOTS, sit inside and play/tweak LOTS and go to bed happy 🥰 Then in the following couple of days, run it down to my detailing guy (Chris) near Banbury and get the full monty Zirconite treatment, inside and out plus alloys, as I did with my last new car and the wifes run-about. The finish is stunning and washing (realy just rinsing) it is a dream. I haven`t used any washes/wax chemicals, or god forbid, the dreaded sponge, in the 3 years owning my XC40 or on my wifes car.....So for me, thats a quick spray of some mild TFR and jet off, follwed by a DI water rinse and just let it air-dry, with NO water marks and no towels, simples 😇

If u dont know no need to answer no problem, somebody else could answer. Everything here regarding deliveries are a guess based on some facts, nobody "knows". First half of your sentence is cringe and was not required. Thanks
I think you misunderstood Danzr he was trying to help you.... Annecdotal just means "from what people say and report as opposed to based on reseacrh or known facts" . But to answer your question once someone receives a VIN from a ship, it is usual that a lot follow, so they are not all allocated at the same time but done in batches.

• Love
Reactions: Danzr and Alset21
I think you misunderstood Danzr he was trying to help you.... Annecdotal just means "from what people say and report as opposed to based on reseacrh or known facts" . But to answer your question once someone receives a VIN from a ship, it is usual that a lot follow, so they are not all allocated at the same time but done in batches.
I think they are just disappointed the answer I gave wasn’t the one they wanted. I hope I’m wrong and they get a vin soon 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: M3UK
ok then...

So the batches be sent on different days?