Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Pablow75 It has been a long wait, I have had several chats with Tesla Customer Service around Christmas and they advised Fleet Financial had to complete part of the process, Fleet Financial were adamant they were following the normal procedure. I got to the point I was expecting further delays so was pleasantly surprised to have a car assigned. Thought Tesla Belfast was very helpful throughout.

Really??? I would question that given that all vehicles are essentially purchased direct from Tesla at the same price. The more people involved in the chain, the greater the cost (that get's passed to the end customer eventually). As an example, although Vanarama seemed to be offering great incentives (free wall charger), they are only an extra shop window and arrange purchasing through one of the big LeaseCo's (including ALD, Lex and Lloyds) - they will pass the cost for that charger on to you somehow. I did much research and could not find anything that actually beat Tesla/ALD once you take gimmicks, freebies and other rubbish into account. Also, some brokers/LeaseCo's cannot offer you the full flexibility on options. They only deal with the basic models (e.g. no wheel upgrades) because they are just bulk buying and keeping it simple. Maybe I'm wrong, but that was what I found in October/November last year when I ordered and was definitely confirmed when talking at length with my TA after I placed my order.
My lease direct with Tesla will be £615 a month. Found quotes for £550.

@Pablow75 It has been a long wait, I have had several chats with Tesla Customer Service around Christmas and they advised Fleet Financial had to complete part of the process, Fleet Financial were adamant they were following the normal procedure. I got to the point I was expecting further delays so was pleasantly surprised to have a car assigned. Thought Tesla Belfast was very helpful throughout.
Totally agree, I find the guys in Belfast really helpful, which is great when you read some of the comments on these forums about other peoples experience of customer service with Tesla. In fairness, if you'd ordered through any other manufacturer you'd likely be doing well to get a car in the first half of this year.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
You guys realise that other Auto makers including the ICE ones are freaking out seeing the level of excitement and buzz just on this forum. They wish their fans were tracking things down with this level of enthusiasm. And sharing news and snippets.

wow. Tesla.
Not that Tesla is perfect but so glad I cancelled my order for the Q4 Etron, especially when their forums are full of comments like:

Am I the only one that feels underwhelmed with the Q4? I have had it 3 weeks and already thinking of getting rid of it!

1. Range - Estimated range in car is way off real world range on the long drives. E.g started off from from Nottingham with 178 miles range (car on efficiency) driving 115 miles to Luton. Avg speed 60 mph, for every 2 miles or so range was dropping by 10 miles, I had to turn off the heating (acc was off) 10 miles into journey for the car to get home with 30 miles left. Talk about anxiety levels increasing.

2. Lane Keep Assist - this is dangerous period! One of the A roads I drive on has a patch line in the middle of the lane, car thinks its the edge of the lane and starts fighting it.

3. Adaptive Cruise - you would assume it would work in conjunction with the adaptive speed limiter when you get to areas with different speed...nope.
- phantom braking
-late braking
-slow speed build up there is a jerky motion that makes your head tap the head rest

4. myAudi App - unless the much anticipated update adds more functionality, in its current form its rubbish. Having to go to a dealer to activate an app is a fuss.

5. Some of the items I ordered where taken out, no comms from Audi.

You guys realise that other Auto makers including the ICE ones are freaking out seeing the level of excitement and buzz just on this forum. They wish their fans were tracking things down with this level of enthusiasm. And sharing news and snippets.

wow. Tesla.

I know for a fact there are BMW forums that not only track releases but also have boat tracking like the shipping thread too. Source: Me for my last two cars before the model 3..

Reactions: Zilla91
Was looking on the website there, earliest you can get any model 3 now is showing as August :oops:
1644492047053.png

I checked a couple of days ago and it was still March delivery, what happened 😂

Was looking on the website there, earliest you can get any model 3 now is showing as August :oops:
Yup for anyone looking to order now. Delivery is august. They ve changed their lead times to 6-7 months. For my jan order that was due in march she did say there is a small chance i might still get it in march but it has been pushed back to May. :( this hate that i am feeling right now for tesla for doing me over like this is hard to put into words haha. I can’t believe i paid 1100 extra to get the car early and instead it got pushed back by 2 months. Literally last night i rang them and they said march. Today they said May.

Attachments

• DAF5ED06-C9BB-4708-80FF-F842F13D13FF.jpeg
    DAF5ED06-C9BB-4708-80FF-F842F13D13FF.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 74
I checked a couple of days ago and it was still March delivery, what happened 😂

My guess is that word got around there were cars arriving this week, coupled with a flurry of inventory models over the past few days. Hype builds, people place orders, lead times increase...

Many like me are giving up new car orders from other marques & trying to snag a car more quickly. I had an order for an ID.3 placed last November, which is now unlikely to have arrived until 2023. I feel pretty lucky that I timed it perfectly to place my order for a M3 LR, which I was then able to change to an inventory car earlier this week. Just waiting for the process to move forward, but expected delivery 15-22 Feb.

Sheesh - LR White/Black/Aero now showing November
Even RW/White/Black/Aero showing Nov 22, rest all suddenly showing Aug 22 and Perf still showing May 22. There is no chance they already sold out May 22 production in a matter of several days, let alone June, July, Aug, Sep and Oct 22! Either someone on the portal side has entered an erroneous entry which is highly unlikely or Tesla have decided to retool and expand Shaghai GF and they shall supply the Perf in the interim from Berlin GF and Shngahai shall resume production from Sep-Nov 22. Im certain they will also begin increasing the price of their used vehicles on their portal shortly. They have just added a dozen new inventory vehicles for sale

Last edited:
  • Informative
Yup for anyone looking to order now. Delivery is august. They ve changed their lead times to 6-7 months. For my jan order that was due in march she did say there is a small chance i might still get it in march but it has been pushed back to May. :( this hate that i am feeling right now for tesla for doing me over like this is hard to put into words haha. I can’t believe i paid 1100 extra to get the car early and instead it got pushed back by 2 months. Literally last night i rang them and they said march. Today they said May.

Not to add more doom and gloom… but doesn’t the mandatory EU-derived speed limiter law come into force for all cars made after June 2022… so anyone who orders a Tesla now is basically signing up to that?

Not to add more doom and gloom… but doesn’t the mandatory EU-derived speed limiter law come into force for all cars made after June 2022… so anyone who orders a Tesla now is basically signing up to that?
Yes in July 2022 but only for new models - i.e. not existing models such as current Teslas but for any new models launched after 6 July 22. Existing models must comply by July 2024 (new production only - not ones already made prior to this date).

• Helpful
Yes in July 2022 but only for new models - i.e. not existing models such as current Teslas but for any new models launched after 6 July 22. Existing models must comply by July 2024 (new production only - not ones already made prior to this date).
Interesting! I did not know that. Doing some reading now it also seems that drivers will, for now at least, be able to turn the feature off, as long as the manufacture makes that possible (but it will restart every time the car switches on, a bit like auto-stop on an ICE).