Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023 Orders to Delivery for M3 and MY and personal shipping related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a text from Tesla last night saying my car [with my ordered spec listed] "is nearly here". The text then included my order reference number and a link to a load of short videos so I can "prepare for delivery day".

It was a nice little message to receive while I wait the next week out - Delivery scheduled for next Wednesday, 1st March.
Just got this message too - delivery is 03/03. No reg yet though lol

@waltonmark, it's odd for you to be this close to delivery but no reg being given - I'd give them a nudge. I found out my reg a while ago and I'm only due to collect two days ahead of you.
Spoke to both Tesla and the lease company who said it’s perfectly normal…I’m not so convinced. Will give it till Monday and then chase again. As long as the car is delivered 03/03 I will be happy…

Well my order updated today. Going from a 2 - 4 week wait, which 4 weeks would have been Sunday 5th March, we have now changed to Estimated 30th to 31st March. A little bit gutted, stupidly made arrangements with my current car so could be without a car for 4 weeks 😅

Well my order updated today. Going from a 2 - 4 week wait, which 4 weeks would have been Sunday 5th March, we have now changed to Estimated 30th to 31st March. A little bit gutted, stupidly made arrangements with my current car so could be without a car for 4 weeks 😅
You may want to check on.to if you need a car for a month. They’re pretty good if they have availability.

Just finished speaking to someone from Tesla line, they said that I can go online, check the stock, find a car with the exact specs, place a deposit of 200 quid and once the leasing paperwork went through, they can match their records with the leasing company. Then I get the car and they refund me.
Pretty simple ... they say.

Off Topic - there was a list with the contact numbers from every dealer, anyone has a link ? And a link towards Tesla stock checker ?

Just finished speaking to someone from Tesla line, they said that I can go online, check the stock, find a car with the exact specs, place a deposit of 200 quid and once the leasing paperwork went through, they can match their records with the leasing company. Then I get the car and they refund me.
Pretty simple ... they say.

Off Topic - there was a list with the contact numbers from every dealer, anyone has a link ? And a link towards Tesla stock checker ?
Just go to the Tesla.com website, then click on the Model you want at the top. As you look down the page, there is an underlined bit of text 'Explore Inventory', just click that and it will show you the stock in the whole country. Under each car it shows the approx location (i.e. Midlands, Scotland, N.East etc)

Just something to be aware of, my colleague was due to have his M3P delivered yesterday. He received all the texts from Tesla confirming the delivery, but car did not arrive.

He spoke to Tesla late yesterday after waiting all day for the car and they said the lease company hadn't released the car, so they weren't authourised to make the delivery. It turns out (this is down to the lease company, rather than Tesla), that as Tesla has dropped the price, the lease amount has now changed and all the paperwork has to be resigned.

The lease company we are using have been aweful from start to finish, so it may just be down to their incompetence, but it may be worth others checking that if they have a car due soon that their paperwork is in order.

The crazy thing is, the decrease in the monthly lease is a staggering £0.03! Safe to say, my colleague isn't happy...

You may want to check on.to if you need a car for a month. They’re pretty good if they have availability.
Just something to be aware of, my colleague was due to have his M3P delivered yesterday. He received all the texts from Tesla confirming the delivery, but car did not arrive.

He spoke to Tesla late yesterday after waiting all day for the car and they said the lease company hadn't released the car, so they weren't authourised to make the delivery. It turns out (this is down to the lease company, rather than Tesla), that as Tesla has dropped the price, the lease amount has now changed and all the paperwork has to be resigned.

The lease company we are using have been aweful from start to finish, so it may just be down to their incompetence, but it may be worth others checking that if they have a car due soon that their paperwork is in order.

The crazy thing is, the decrease in the monthly lease is a staggering £0.03! Safe to say, my colleague isn't happy...
Thanks for the heads up.
Due delivery a week today, also via lease, so hope no issues.

I did have to go through a process with the lease company (LeasePlan via Sal sac) to essentially re-do the order following the price cuts and confirm paperwork again etc. worth it though as it was certainly more than 3p a month difference!

Pretty shoddy that neither the lease company nor Tesla bothered to let your colleague know in advance that there was an issue.

Hope it gets sorted soon.

Yeah, I am aware of this, they gave me the name of the leasing company. It is Kinto. Aparently they are really good. I will have to wait and see, only yesterday Tesla released the RN and the VIN. Sent the info to the leasing company and now I am just waiting. When I have applied, I believe the website was showing the correct price. Applied on the 16nth, way to long for them not to update the prices. And yet.. .as you said, you never know.
Thanks.

Zenith have been pretty good for me, Ordered mid Jan,
My cars coming on the 2nd March, the gave me the RN number and have had various texts from tesla confirming the order and then asking for my delivery address.

All confirmed being delivered on the 2nd March, Model Y LR in white with 20" induction alloys :) Cant wait.

• Love
Reactions: teotutulan
I have just done it, I have bought a Tesla online. Sent the RN number to the leasing company, let's see what they say. Yaaaaaaaaay. Happy bunny. Now I need to teach the wife how to park. lol.

Thank you for posting this. My current EDD has slipped to 31st March which is when I am scheduled to be abroad, any earlier in March would have been fine. I found a vehicle of the same spec in existing inventory, not too far from me, so have approached the leasing company. They have approved and have emailed Tesla today to request that I am assigned the vehicle. It will be interesting to see if it works out. Are you collecting or is it a delivery?

Thank you for posting this. My current EDD has slipped to 31st March which is when I am scheduled to be abroad, any earlier in March would have been fine. I found a vehicle of the same spec in existing inventory, not too far from me, so have approached the leasing company. They have approved and have emailed Tesla today to request that I am assigned the vehicle. It will be interesting to see if it works out. Are you collecting or is it a delivery?
I will be collecting from Brent Cross/London. Once the finance company moves their back side and process the P.O. Yesterday afternoon the RN has been sent as well as the invoice and everything else. They have confirmed today that they are working on it, I am not sure when they will send the e-mail/update their platform to Tesla, so I can collect the car. Assuming that there is nothing wrong with it, have seen horrific cases where they cars were dented/defects in paint.
But the bottom line is that I will be collecting, it would be great if I could collect this Sunday as I am going in London, any other day would prove to be a hassle and I am not sure how am I going to work it out, but I will.
I hope everything goes smoothly for you, let us know. Best of luck mate.

Reactions: lakes1 and kiranl
let’s hope it’s brand new and they are no issues. EDD 22/02-09/03. Maybe it comes on my bday. Sorry… I’m so excited. Lol.

For info, you may want to check your EDD with Tesla. I decided to follow your lead to take an 'existing inventory' car, the lease company have made the request with Tesla. I was on the webchat with Tesla this afternoon to enquire about timescales. They informed me that the 'existing inventory' cars that match my original order spec are not in the UK yet. I would be collecting from Manchester or Newcastle, they checked the stock at these locations for me and said they don't have any, even though the website shows them as 'collection only' from those locations. So 'existing inventory' does not mean they are in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.