Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023 Orders to Delivery for M3 and MY and personal shipping related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Popped into Tesla, Cribbs yesterday as it’s been a while since the wife had seen a Tesla up close. When asked if I needed help, I mentioned that I had one on order. They offered to check via my RN if everything was ok with my order. They said my car was already in the U.K. and if I preferred, I could collect it a few days early from Portbury.

Now collecting on the 4th March rather than delivery on the 7th. Happy days 😝

I'm due to collect a MYLR from Staines Collection Centre on 14 March. I've sold my current car and it's due to be collected on 2 March, so I'll have 12 days gap where I'll have to share my girlfriend's car. That's not terribly inconvenient, but it would be nice if I could bring forward the collection of my MYLR by a few days as I suspect it arrived in Southampton ten days ago on the Grand Mark.

- Has anyone had experience of bringing forward a delivery date?
- Any recommendations on who to contact within Tesla to see if this is possible?

Since I placed the order for the car all of my contact with Tesla has been via text messages, and I'm not sure if the number Tesla use to send those text messages would be the best place to send an enquiry about bringing forward the delivery date.

I'm due to collect a MYLR from Staines Collection Centre on 14 March. I've sold my current car and it's due to be collected on 2 March, so I'll have 12 days gap where I'll have to share my girlfriend's car. That's not terribly inconvenient, but it would be nice if I could bring forward the collection of my MYLR by a few days as I suspect it arrived in Southampton ten days ago on the Grand Mark.

- Any recommendations on who to contact within Tesla to see if this is possible?

Since I placed the order for the car all of my contact with Tesla has been via text messages, and I'm not sure if the number Tesla use to send those text messages would be the best place to send an enquiry about bringing forward the delivery date.
You could send message to Tesla. I was able to postpone the delivery date, tough the call centre guys said they cannot do it.
Give a try.

Last edited:

When I collected just before Christmas I was able to bring my date forward by 2 days by speaking to them on the chat - you’ll need your RN.

If you haven’t used the chat before, just click the button that pops up to the bottom right of this page:

Reactions: rob@rar
Collected my MY from NEC Birmingham today, all went well apart from the car being a bit grubby in places, needs a good clean. Good luck to all of you who are yet to collect!
We collected our MY from Manchester Trafford Centre on Saturday as well.
Mine was exactly the same, all fine but a bit grubby in places inside and out.
Once home and a long hand wash later, it looks amazing.
Loving the driving so far, hope you are enjoying yours.

Reactions: Mistake Not
We collected our MY from Manchester Trafford Centre on Saturday as well.
Mine was exactly the same, all fine but a bit grubby in places inside and out.
Once home and a long hand wash later, it looks amazing.
Loving the driving so far, hope you are enjoying yours.
Hi, I’m collecting from Trafford centre on the 1st. How much charge was there in the battery and did you get time to inspect before accepting delivery.
thanks

Got my Reg today, how long after the reg do they send the contract? I’ve had a pre contract invoice but nothing in writing with UK bank details for the down payment?
I had the prompt to pay the down payment about 3 weeks ago. But still don't have any "contract" as such, just pre contract. Everything on the website looks on order though - I have collection scheduled for Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.