Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023 Orders to Delivery for M3 and MY and personal shipping related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered my MYLR via Leaseplan SS and got the RN on 27th Sept - allocated VIN on 30th like most others. I haven't yet had any notification around delivery, but is 11-26th Oct in the App. I spoke to the agent this morning and she mentioned it was due to arrive at the collection point on 23rd Oct - and said it was currently in transit. VIN suggests China made car as you would expect - so unsure whether this means it was on GLOVIS COSMOS or another ship due later? Or maybe it takes them 3 weeks to get the car up to Manchester, who knows!
I suspect was on the cosmos but the 13 days allows for unloading the ship, reload on to transporter, inspection with Tesla, possible also inspection with lease company and transit to final delivery?

Same situation for me - MYLR
Received VIN in app on Saturday with updated EDD of 11th - 26th Oct.

This evening that has vanished and delivery tasks states complete. Not had a text though.
OK nothing exciting - spoke to support and leasing agency finance has gone in so EDD has vanished and with them but that my original EDD (11-26 Oct) remains even though no longer visible

OK nothing exciting - spoke to support and leasing agency finance has gone in so EDD has vanished and with them but that my original EDD (11-26 Oct) remains even though no longer visible
I spoke to my leasing agency this morning and they have told me my delivery is 17 Oct but still haven't had anything from Tesla and no dates showing on the app

I have a MYLR on order through tusker with an estimated delivery of 10-25 October. Just spoke to Tesla on webchat and should be available for pickup from Bluewater from 20th October. I was hoping it would be sooner tbh

I have a MYLR on order through tusker with an estimated delivery of 10-25 October. Just spoke to Tesla on webchat and should be available for pickup from Bluewater from 20th October. I was hoping it would be sooner tbh
I've had a text from Tesla this evening confirming delivery 24th October. Bit gutted it's not sooner but at least I have a date now

Hi everyone, I ordered M3LR company car on 22nd August through Arval business lease. Grey with white interior and 19in wheels. Initially, the EDD was showing as Jan - March 2024, but recently it moved to 1st October - 7th November, no VIN assigned on the app yet but after reading the 2023 Shipping Movements thread, it doesn't sound like there are any current M3's being produced in Shanghai since July, or any ships with Model 3 inbound.. Any idea what the chances are of my car actually turning up? Thanks
Hi there, I actually joined the forum after seeing your post so I could reply. I hope I am wrong in your case but I also ordered a M3LR with Arval at a similar time. I had the same EDD range but have been told Tesla cannot supply the car so the order was cancelled. Arval have been very good but I do not think the communication from Tesla has been great. Mine was / would have been a LR AWD. The story might be different for the LR RWD. I hope helpful.

My experience continues to go from bad to worse.

I ordered via the Electric Car Scheme on the 20th July, which goes via Gateway2Lease (a lease broker) to LeasePlan; it took two months for the lease documents to be issued and an order to actually be placed, and then I finally start getting my RN, get assigned a VIN, then finally get a confirmed delivery date of 17/10.

Then, my app updates to remove both my delivery date and my VIN. Tesla texts me to say my order is on hold.

Turns out there's been some 'disagreement' between the pricing Tesla is asking for and what was promised to LeasePlan/Gateway2Lease for getting X amount of orders in September, and Tesla are now trying to charge higher pricing over and above the discount the other parties were given for getting X amount of orders in - because of this, 50 orders going via The Electric Car Scheme have been put on hold, and I'm now in a position where the car I was matched to will likely go to someone else, and the stock that was just delivered will likely be sold whilst I'm waiting for this situation to be resolved - pushing my delivery date likely into next quarter due to the way Tesla ship batches.

It's absolutely unbelievable that you can place an order at X price, and Tesla, in full knowledge that they won't be in a position to make delivery until the following month, will then change the price 2 weeks before I'm supposed to take delivery. Tesla, the lease company and the broker are all fighting over their slice of the pie which is the difference in discount vs OTR price, and meanwhile I'm left in the lurch.

Honestly, the salary sacrifice savings aren't worth it. I should have just bought this thing normally. My experience with The Electric Car Scheme in the first part of this process was woeful, and now it seems like Tesla/LeasePlan/Gateway2Lease care more about squeezing every bit of money out of each other than making promised deliveries to customers.

Hi there, I actually joined the forum after seeing your post so I could reply. I hope I am wrong in your case but I also ordered a M3LR with Arval at a similar time. I had the same EDD range but have been told Tesla cannot supply the car so the order was cancelled. Arval have been very good but I do not think the communication from Tesla has been great. Mine was / would have been a LR AWD. The story might be different for the LR RWD. I hope helpful.
Thanks for your response Squire. Was it Arval or Tesla who cancelled the order?
Every time I talk to Tesla they seem to think my car is still going to be assigned but as the last 'old' Model 3 shipment arrived to Southampton on 3rd October and still no VIN assigned, I'm highly doubtful.
The most infuriating thing is there are brand new M3LR preconfigured cars available on Tesla's website in pretty much identical spec as mine was but for some reason they are not being offered to me!
I really don't want to downgrade to RWD so might just wait it out and if they cancel, I'll wait for the new model next year.
Not a great experience so far..

Thanks for your response Squire. Was it Arval or Tesla who cancelled the order?
Every time I talk to Tesla they seem to think my car is still going to be assigned but as the last 'old' Model 3 shipment arrived to Southampton on 3rd October and still no VIN assigned, I'm highly doubtful.
The most infuriating thing is there are brand new M3LR preconfigured cars available on Tesla's website in pretty much identical spec as mine was but for some reason they are not being offered to me!
I really don't want to downgrade to RWD so might just wait it out and if they cancel, I'll wait for the new model next year.
Not a great experience so far..
Hi and you are really welcome. I was told it was Tesla who said they couldn’t fulfil. I know what you mean about the Inventory stock and it’s a bit irksome. I’m actually thinking about the LR RWD. I’m a little concerned by the loss of power but the small increase in range even over the LR AWD for me would be handy. And (call me old fashioned :) but I would rather not wait for a car without indicator stalks. Fingers crossed for you that your experience will be different but I’d certainly keep in touch with Arval and see what they are hearing from Tesla…good luck

Hi and you are really welcome. I was told it was Tesla who said they couldn’t fulfil. I know what you mean about the Inventory stock and it’s a bit irksome. I’m actually thinking about the LR RWD. I’m a little concerned by the loss of power but the small increase in range even over the LR AWD for me would be handy. And (call me old fashioned :) but I would rather not wait for a car without indicator stalks. Fingers crossed for you that your experience will be different but I’d certainly keep in touch with Arval and see what they are hearing from Tesla…good luck
I test drove the RWD and it felt plenty fast but then I tried the AWD and there was no going back..
I forgot about the indicator stalks! 🤦
EDD still showing 11th - 27th October so I haven't completely given up yet.
Will post an update if anything changes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231006_115439_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20231006_115439_Tesla.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 126
I spoke to my leasing agency this morning and they have told me my delivery is 17 Oct but still haven't had anything from Tesla and no dates showing on the app
Just to follow this through - got a text from Tesla this afternoon and delivery scheduled for Thurs 12th Oct.
I went through NHS fleet solutions for anybody that looks back on this in a similar boat

Reactions: TM3P1
Hi

Can I ask how you managed to speak to the leasing company if you went through NHSFleet? I ordered through fleet end of May and started with a EDD of June/July which is now Oct/Nov. Spoke to NHSFleet they say ALD have authorised Tesla to get me a car, Tesla say they are waiting for a car and have been for months! Never been able to speak to ALD directly?

I was in the same boat with delivery stating "Complete" with my home address, I can see the EDD is back and clicking the Start button now says "Check back later". EDD is same as yours, so hopefully some development from tomorrow onwards.

Hi

Can I ask how you managed to speak to the leasing company if you went through NHSFleet? I ordered through fleet end of May and started with a EDD of June/July which is now Oct/Nov. Spoke to NHSFleet they say ALD have authorised Tesla to get me a car, Tesla say they are waiting for a car and have been for months! Never been able to speak to ALD directly?
ALD are also my leasing company through NHS Fleet - though I've never spoken to them. I've gone through Tesla ever since the car was put on order and they have been really helpful. Hopefully you will get a match soon, with calling ALD if you have a VIN assigned or even if not if you're still waiting

Reactions: TM3P1
I was in the same boat with delivery stating "Complete" with my home address, I can see the EDD is back and clicking the Start button now says "Check back later". EDD is same as yours, so hopefully some development from tomorrow onwards.
Might be worth contacting Tesla, my date never came back and I think that's because delivery had been agreed by my leasing company. Got confirmation it's being delivered on the 12th.

Status
Not open for further replies.