Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023 Orders to Delivery for M3 and MY and personal shipping related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Super, I would say that is actually looking quite promising! Good luck…
Got this email from Tesla UK this morning 🙂

Model 3, Upgraded
Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive and Long Range just got even better—with new exterior styling, more range, premium materials, a rear touchscreen and a quieter cabin.

We are in contact with your Lease Company to update your order to our newest Model 3. No action is required.

For questions, please contact your Lease Company.

Reactions: TM3P1
Got this email from Tesla UK this morning 🙂

Model 3, Upgraded
Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive and Long Range just got even better—with new exterior styling, more range, premium materials, a rear touchscreen and a quieter cabin.

We are in contact with your Lease Company to update your order to our newest Model 3. No action is required.

For questions, please contact your Lease Company.
Hi @beforesunset - apologies for the delay, it was a bit of a hectic week. Ah, well, that shows how much I know! In case it makes you feel better, I'm in a similar situation.

After my original order for the LR AWD fell through due to no cars being available, I did (somewhat reluctantly) put an order in for a LR RWD as I was told they had loads available. Originally the EDD was Oct 12 to Oct 28. Then it changed to December. And then I received the same note as you did.

There are two things that are quite irksome. One is I'm being told the original price/monthly cost will not be honoured and there is currently no ETA for the new model. And the second is that as of last week, Tesla were still showing a LR AWD with the exact same spec as the one I ordered as New Inventory.

The whole experience hasn't been great. For me personally the stalks are a big deal and - unless I come across a re-allocated car within the scheme in the meantime - my relationship with Tesla will come to an end when I hand my current LR AWD back in June. I do hope it works out for you though. Would you consider the new model if it comes in at a reasonable cost?...

This Tesla ordering malarkey is frustrating me.

2 weeks ago I had a text stating my RN number and then an email saying the leasing company has allowed access on the app.
A pic of a model 3 , the lease company name ( ALD) and the order number appeared on the app.
Then 2 days ago the RN number was highlighted blue and when I pressed on it it brought up VIN ( but no details) Licence plate number ( but no details) then the spec of the car, and a greyed out Manage Order button.

And today everything disappeared completely.

Tesla say no car has been allocated yet.
ALD say the same but the order is still active. The ( company car) I’m expecting is a Blue M3 LR RWD. Seen loads on inventory recently until they get snapped up.

Is this procedure normal for lease Tesla’s?

Hi @Squire, here's what happened with my M3 LR AWD.
The leasing company had some discounted terms from Tesla for deliveries by end of August but after these expired, they don't want to pay the full price for the cars even though there is matching stock in Tesla's inventory.
My Midnight Silver LR AWD with white interior and sport wheels is still available on their website at £55k but my leasing company only agreed to pay £47k for the car- must have been 0% apr or something along those lines.
I refused to downgrade to LR RWD so now just waiting to see what happens.
Maybe Tesla will offer a similar 0% deal on stock AWD like they are currently doing on RWD and my car will eventually match.
If not, and they don't offer me the new model, I'll just look elsewhere, probably a decent PHEV as I'm not too keen on any of the EV competitors within that price range.
I would be keen to know which AWD is your spec as I keep checking how many are left nearly every day.. sad.

Hi @Squire, here's what happened with my M3 LR AWD.
The leasing company had some discounted terms from Tesla for deliveries by end of August but after these expired, they don't want to pay the full price for the cars even though there is matching stock in Tesla's inventory.
My Midnight Silver LR AWD with white interior and sport wheels is still available on their website at £55k but my leasing company only agreed to pay £47k for the car- must have been 0% apr or something along those lines.
I refused to downgrade to LR RWD so now just waiting to see what happens.
Maybe Tesla will offer a similar 0% deal on stock AWD like they are currently doing on RWD and my car will eventually match.
If not, and they don't offer me the new model, I'll just look elsewhere, probably a decent PHEV as I'm not too keen on any of the EV competitors within that price range.
I would be keen to know which AWD is your spec as I keep checking how many are left nearly every day.. sad.
thanks @beforesunset that's really interesting. My contacts in the lease company haven't been quite so forthcoming but I can only imagine something very, very similar must have happened to my order. In fact order(s) given I'm nil for two right now.
My original order was a LR AWD also in Midnight Silver but then everything else was standard (black interior, aero wheels etc.). Interestingly, I'm also looking at a PHEV now or even temporarily going back to a private ICE car. I don't really want to do that but the economics and charging infrastructure for me at least aren't looking that compelling.
And believe me, you weren't on your own. I ended up checking the EDD so often in the app I was glad in a way when it all ended.

Ordered Model Y Long Range 23rd October through leasing company and given estimated date of 8th - 23rd November.
Every time I check the Tesla app it goes forward a day 😂 started with an estimate of 20th November. I may stop checking the app! 😂

Ordered Model Y Long Range 23rd October through leasing company and given estimated date of 8th - 23rd November.
Every time I check the Tesla app it goes forward a day 😂 started with an estimate of 20th November. I may stop checking the app! 😂
I ordered on the 26th a Y Long Range... Just got my VIN today and estimated delivery date of the 11th-26th December... I'm hoping for a delivery before that...

Does anyone know if when a VIN is allocated, if that EDD is now set in stone, or can it move forward?

My VIN is very close to yours, I was told that models and variants ship in batches, as we’ve all got the model Y LR, I would assume that with the EDD the same, we’ll be on the same batch coming into Southampton… I could be wrong though.

My leasing company mentioned that my car will arrive in the country on the 30th November, then it’ll take a 10-14 days from then to get delivered.

Reactions: Davehhh
Status
Not open for further replies.