Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a week into this latest 2024.14.6 update in. Y M3P and overall I don't like it.
Screen more difficult to navigate for audio and feels a little more laggy.... 2021 Intel chip.
Bluetooth audio doesn't auto play all the time.
Half the new layout controls are on the passenger side of the screen so unsafe to use when driving.
It feels like they tried to do too much in 1 go.
I didn't even think the audio layout needed fixed.
Oh... Wipers and headlights now switch on even if it cloudy.

I'm a week into this latest 2024.14.6 update in. Y M3P and overall I don't like it.
Screen more difficult to navigate for audio and feels a little more laggy.... 2021 Intel chip.
Bluetooth audio doesn't auto play all the time.
Half the new layout controls are on the passenger side of the screen so unsafe to use when driving.
It feels like they tried to do too much in 1 go.
I didn't even think the audio layout needed fixed.
Oh... Wipers and headlights now switch on even if it cloudy.
perform a soft reset of the vehicle and see if that fixes any of these issues. they usually recommend a soft reset after every update.

Finally had a drive on 2024.14.6 (Atom).

Nice to see oncoming cars rendered again - they disappeared a long time ago for no apparent reason.

Echoing previous comments that a load more things are shown in the visualisation. Interesting to see everything the car sees.

Indicators and brake lights are hard to discern on the visualisation, but fortunately I have my eyes for that. Interesting that the car sees them though.

No full screen visualisation available as expected on Atom, even having the FSD option. Perhaps for the best because it is a bit choppy in just the normal 1/3 screen area.

Feeling Ryzen resentment again. :) I'd be more inclined to pay for a retrofit (if one were available) than to buy another M3P at the moment. Going to wait until the mid-cycle refresh to see if there are any improvements (e.g. front facing camera, Quicksilver & Midnight Cherry Red paint options, maybe Tesla might find that 50bhp missing from the Euro version).

Reactions: speedyranger74
Feeling Ryzen resentment again. :) I'd be more inclined to pay for a retrofit (if one were available) than to buy another M3P at the moment. Going to wait until the mid-cycle refresh to see if there are any improvements (e.g. front facing camera, Quicksilver & Midnight Cherry Red paint options, maybe Tesla might find that 50bhp missing from the Euro version).
Isn't the 'missing' 50bhp just a function of how it is measured/reported in US v EU? Seem to recall there was some debate about sustained v peak, etc being part of the difference in quoted stats?

(Apologies if it's just meant as humour/sarcasm - clearly passed me by if it was)

Isn't the 'missing' 50bhp just a function of how it is measured/reported in US v EU? Seem to recall there was some debate about sustained v peak, etc being part of the difference in quoted stats?

(Apologies if it's just meant as humour/sarcasm - clearly passed me by if it was)
Don't think so. Different batteries in the Shanghai car (LG) vs US (Panasonic). This is how it qualifies for the tax credit they get, I think. The Panasonic battery has more capacity, and hence more power. The LG battery is lighter.

0-60 is quoted as the same for both cars (after rollout). No idea where this extra 50bhp manifests but one would presume it makes its presence known somewhere.