Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going from 2024.3.25 to 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1716689122626.png

"Okay, people. Ready? And... 5, 6, 7, 8...!"

Feels like we're in a dance studio 😁

Seriously though, I've been watching TeslaFi Firmware Tracker like a hawk because I'm highly anticipating FSD 12.4, so for me, the .5, .6, .7, .8 releases in close succession really stand out. But perhaps this is normal, or at least not without precedent? Am I only noticing it because I'm glued to it like never before?

Reactions: idunnodude
FSD 12.4 has been reported to be on 2024.9.5 which has not been released to the public. I don’t think it will ever come to the 2024.14.x branch

We’ll probably see another split in the firmware tracks with most 2024.3.25 cars going to get 2024.9.x or a future version with FSDS 12.4 and 2024.8.x cars getting 2024.14.x staying with FSDS 12.3.6

2024.20 went out to employees over the weekend so a lot of us may end up skipping 14.x entirely. 14.x has been plagued with more bugs than usual and seems to get a bug fix every couple days. They are running out of numbers to keep patching it...LOL

I'd guess 8.9 people will continue to be moved to 14.x or 20.x and get their free trial of FSD on 12.3.6

Looking at TeslaFi it seems the majority of 14.8 installs are going to 14.6 and 14.7 people to get them off those two buggy releases.
Next most frequent are 8.9 people.
The 3.25 people are still the least frequent to get 14.8 and yet still make up the highest % of the fleet in N.America.

Reactions: E90alex
Ya what’s up with that, 3.25 teslas are lost in the updates ?
I was thinking the same thing, but then I actually became quite optimistic that 2024.3.25 cars will get FSD 12.4 sooner than other cars when I learned that 1) Tesla doesn't (can't?) downgrade a car from a higher version to a lower one, and 2) FSD 12.4 is on UI version 2024.9, not 2024.14. In other words, I suspect that Tesla is intentionally preventing we 3.25 people from getting the latest UI updates so that it can upgrade us to FSD 12.4 as soon as it's available publicly. If I'm correct, then I welcome this decision because, if I had to choose one or the other to get first, I would much rather get FSD 12.4 than the latest UI updates. :D

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Ya what’s up with that, 3.25 teslas are lost in the updates
I was thinking the same thing, but then I actually became quite optimistic that 2024.3.25 cars will get FSD 12.4 sooner than other cars when I learned that 1) Tesla doesn't (can't?) downgrade a car from a higher version to a lower one, and 2) FSD 12.4 is on UI version 2024.9, not 2024.14. In other words, I suspect that Tesla is intentionally preventing we 3.25 people from getting the latest UI updates so that it can upgrade us to FSD 12.4 as soon as it's available publicly. If I'm correct, then I welcome this decision because, if I had to choose one or the other to get first, I would much rather get FSD 12.4 than the latest UI updates. :D

Thoughts?
well I did get the free trial fsd back in April, then it expired in may. I was sorry to see it removed but then I got caught up in the spring update posts. Others got it but I did not but if I get an improved version by waiting a little longer then ya I’m ok with it.? I won’t get the fsd update (can’t afford it) but I’d like some cool screen improvements and fun utility upgrades. Just don’t me wait too much longer. I’m going thru update withdrawals, Tesla got us all craving updates now, like Tesla crack.

My trial ended almost a month ago now and I’m still on 2024.3.25.

Maybe they saw usage stats that I used FSD pretty regularly during the trial and that I provided frequent feedback when I disengaged so my car is being put in the 12.4 queue. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Who knows. Trying to make sense of why and when and who gets what with Tesla updates is as useful as trying to use logic to predict lottery numbers. An update will come when an update comes. No use wasting energy thinking about it.

I also try to imagine what the voodoo magic algorithms are, but it's good advice. Just hoping that 12.4 comes soon and it's everything that it sounds to be. Smooth driving overall (acceleration, braking, and steering) would go such a long way to not only driver comfort, but passenger comfort, confidence, and acceptance.

Reactions: MOE J