Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Black M3P with tints and chrome delete

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chiming in because I have had my trim, handles, mirrors etc wrapped.
The mirrors are the hardest bit, no doubt. I had to have two areas redone, there's a particularly tricky patch because of the curve, angle, and small amount of purchase that means it lifts really easily. Overall he did a good job but you have to bear in mind it's just a sticker at the end of the day. Durability wise mine is Orafol, rated for 6 years on average, environment dependant.
I have very high standards and it's impossible for it to be perfect and permanent but this is 90% and I'm happy with the look.

Some places will disassemble the mirrors to get better coverage. If done in situ on the car then it is very difficult to get certain parts of it done well, as you say.
My guy took the mirrors apart, it certainly helps.

No one gone down the router of the covers..think once their on theres still a chime part underneath?
Not sure what this means, can you rephrase it?

Nothing much to add other than I went for a black M3 this time around and went for a fully blacked out version (might be a useful picture - previous car was white/chrome). Tints are the darkest available and other than it being a bit harder to see out the back there’s been no issues. I opted for taking the badges off rather than de-chroming them (has the added benefit of not having to clean awkward bits).

Attachments

• IMG_8920.png
    IMG_8920.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8923.png
    IMG_8923.png
    1 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: anlkverma78
Nothing much to add other than I went for a black M3 this time around and went for a fully blacked out version (might be a useful picture - previous car was white/chrome). Tints are the darkest available and other than it being a bit harder to see out the back there’s been no issues. I opted for taking the badges off rather than de-chroming them (has the added benefit of not having to clean awkward bits).
Presuming it's a 2021 model then as think pre them models were chrome

Presuming it's a 2021 model then as think pre them models were chrome
Yeah, the white one was an early 2020 and the black one is a late(ish) 2023. I was mainly posting to give an idea of what black on black looks like.

If I’m honest I think I’d say I preferred the white over the black although the white was leased so I couldn’t really modify it. The black is dirty almost immediately after washing but it was the wife’s turn to pick colour.

I also liked the chrome trim on the white (and red/blue) but I don’t think it would suit the black/grey paint as well as the black trim does.

Next time it’ll be whatever colour is free and then getting it wrapped (I always liked the original silver that was offered).

Yeah, the white one was an early 2020 and the black one is a late(ish) 2023. I was mainly posting to give an idea of what black on black looks like.

If I’m honest I think I’d say I preferred the white over the black although the white was leased so I couldn’t really modify it. The black is dirty almost immediately after washing but it was the wife’s turn to pick colour.

I also liked the chrome trim on the white (and red/blue) but I don’t think it would suit the black/grey paint as well as the black trim does.

Next time it’ll be whatever colour is free and then getting it wrapped (I always liked the original silver that was offered).
Quicksilver is back on the menu for Ys, I saw one a few days ago.
I like my grey with the silver trim, grey and silver looks good IMO and compliments the silver alloys.
Would you wrap it silver?

Quicksilver is back on the menu for Ys, I saw one a few days ago.
I like my grey with the silver trim, grey and silver looks good IMO and compliments the silver alloys.
Would you wrap it silver?
Yeah, I’m thinking something similar to the below. It’s not super out there but I think most cars look really nice in properly shiny silver.

Attachments

• IMG_8929.png
    IMG_8929.png
    1 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: Foxsbiscuits