Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I’d jump in with my order here. Ordered a model 3 performance from used inventory on March 18th. Had heard nothing until I called and emailed and eventually got a call back. But a bit perplexed why it’s taken so long and no feedback onto when it might be. Which is extra frustrating as I have a buyer lined up for mine

Reactions: Matrel
Thought I’d jump in with my order here. Ordered a model 3 performance from used inventory on March 18th. Had heard nothing until I called and emailed and eventually got a call back. But a bit perplexed why it’s taken so long and no feedback onto when it might be. Which is extra frustrating as I have a buyer lined up for mine
At least you weren't like Dufus here who sold his car the day after placing the order for my M3 because I mean how long could they take to process a used car right?! 😂

Well I sold the Leaf last night, and I'm yet to hear a dicky bird from Tesla, and I'm 25 days from paying my deposit. :)

The guy who bought the Leaf brought his 'EV owning expert' with him. He had a M3P which he let me have a go in. Bloody hell, I've never known anything like it. I'm not sure I'd want anything nearly that powerful, it's insane.

• Funny
Well I sold the Leaf last night, and I'm yet to hear a dicky bird from Tesla, and I'm 25 days from paying my deposit. :)

The guy who bought the Leaf brought his 'EV owning expert' with him. He had a M3P which he let me have a go in. Bloody hell, I've never known anything like it. I'm not sure I'd want anything nearly that powerful, it's insane.
Hope you get your car soon also!
That’s what I said and now I’m buying one! Trading my rwd for it. It has chill mode and a bigger battery. It’s working out about a £2,000 difference, so I figured why not!

I went onto online chat, gave the RN, verified identity, asked my question, and...

Screenshot 2023-04-10 103419.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: SteveH13
- I went back on, and second time round I was told that a lot of staff have easter off, and the hub manager who has been chasing mine up is on annual leave.

Apparently my car is at a London collection point and it's meant to be in Birmingham. I was advised Edinburgh at the point of purchase, and, given I'm in East Anglia, either London or Brum are a result in my book.

Still, some information finally. That's a big improvement from nothing at all. I get the impression now that it's in the system and am confident I'll actually be driving the thing at some point.

- I went back on, and second time round I was told that a lot of staff have easter off, and the hub manager who has been chasing mine up is on annual leave.

Apparently my car is at a London collection point and it's meant to be in Birmingham. I was advised Edinburgh at the point of purchase, and, given I'm in East Anglia, either London or Brum are a result in my book.

Still, some information finally. That's a big improvement from nothing at all. I get the impression now that it's in the system and am confident I'll actually be driving the thing at some point.
Don’t worry they will likely be loading it on a trailer tomorrow and taking it to Edinburgh 🤣

Honestly don’t think they have any idea

• Funny
Reactions: AndyFov

I would happily take delivery of mine in London as opposed to Northampton it’s been quoted for.

Fingers crossed for you.
What did you get?

Hey,

Ordered 2021 SR+ (14k mi) made in China on March 18th. After 2 weeks of silence, contacted them via chat a received a call back. They said 1-2 weeks more as car is being prepared in body shop blah blah. Silence again, waiting for payment details. Decided not to rush them as I’ll be away on business trip for a week next week. Do you guys know if the collection date can be pushed forward if I’m not in the country ?

It's a bit 'abusive relationship' if Tesla can ghost you for a month then expect you to appear on command the instant they're ready for you.
I agree. I can only think that putting the customer first just puts too much pressure on their systems, which are clearly designed for minimal expense and maximum efficiency, provided 99.9% all goes to plan. It clearly doesn't take a huge amount to go off plan, then as with all these things, there isn't the capacity to correct it without a knock on effect. Or maybe they really do just hate their customers! 😄

• Funny
Reactions: AndyFov
there isn't the capacity to correct it without a knock on effect

I think the DEV of their back office systems just haven't caught up due to rapid growth - which might be because "don't care" or some other prioritisation - its not like they don't have the funds, but they may well choose not to change that, at this point in time, because that too would be a headache. Should have built the Back office right, in the first place, they are nightmare to replace.

27 days after parting with my deposit I have a text !!

The gist of it is "we're chasing completion so we can arrange a collection date. The present wait for used vehicles is 4 to 6 weeks."

All is forgiven, if it's a week or two later than originally hoped that's not the end of the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dommmm