Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just updating here again. Other then when I’ve emailed or called up I’ve not had a phone reach out off their own back to give me an update. Coming up to 5 weeks since order!

As mentioned again, that also means 5+ weeks of lost warranty. Surely that was something factored into the sale price intially!

Anyhow fingers crossed!

It's funny, I was chatting to my wife earlier explaining that hopefully we'll have the car before the end of the month, she was asking if I'm excited?

6 weeks ago when I first placed the order, I was beyond excited to be joining the Tesla journey, even talking about getting a Model Y when we need to change her car. But now? Now I'm just exhausted, both from the stress of being without a car for the best part of a month and the constant chasing for updates/info from them. I just need a car, I don't car if it's a Reliant Robin.

I'm dreading anything going wrong with this car and having to deal with Tesla again. It shouldn't be like that, should it? My wife loves her VW's and we've always had exemplary service from them, same with previous Audi's and BMW's we had. So we'll now be sticking to what we know when we change her car. It makes me wonder how much this dreadful Customer Service in general, the USS debacle etc is going to cost over the next few years as more and more competition enters the market.

It's funny, I was chatting to my wife earlier explaining that hopefully we'll have the car before the end of the month, she was asking if I'm excited?

6 weeks ago when I first placed the order, I was beyond excited to be joining the Tesla journey, even talking about getting a Model Y when we need to change her car. But now? Now I'm just exhausted, both from the stress of being without a car for the best part of a month and the constant chasing for updates/info from them. I just need a car, I don't car if it's a Reliant Robin.

I'm dreading anything going wrong with this car and having to deal with Tesla again. It shouldn't be like that, should it? My wife loves her VW's and we've always had exemplary service from them, same with previous Audi's and BMW's we had. So we'll now be sticking to what we know when we change her car. It makes me wonder how much this dreadful Customer Service in general, the USS debacle etc is going to cost over the next few years as more and more competition enters the market.
I will chime in and reassure you, the times I have dealt with service they have been amazing. I’m not sure how others experience has been but- loan car, someone coming out to fix the car, swift visits. When I bought the car the wheel had a tiny scuff and they replaced swift.
The only negative of a loan car is I then wanted the extra range and dual motor!

Which led me to the next issue! My only issue currently is I can’t get the next one lol! Who knows when but hopefully soon as my patient buyer has been holding on for 5 weeks now!

Reactions: ElectricPolice
After the false starts, my missus specifically asked not to be told about anything until we have a confirmed date and time for collection. She really wants me to cancel it - she can't understand why I've stuck with being mucked about so much.

Reactions: redmamoth
The is an old joke about Tesla, when they give you a date without mentioning the year, you need to confirm it's this year!

Hopefully all goes well and this is just an unfortunate start to ownership but will be quickly forgotten.
I would think that was a joke other than I saw on the shipping thread somebody following up on Tuesday wondering on the shipping of a Model X Plaid they had ordered in November 2021! :eek:

I don't car if it's a Reliant Robin

Pretty sure you do ... :)

It makes me wonder how much this dreadful Customer Service in general, the USS debacle etc is going to cost over the next few years as more and more competition enters the market.
The risk is that, WHEN you get it, you love the car, enjoy driving it, find that all you newbie EV mates, in other marques, are constantly complaining about public charging and how little range they have ... and that smugness will mean next time around you put up with it all over again.

Reactions: ElectricPolice

I feel exactly the same way - almost to the word.

Crazy situation. Premium brand?

Me too same as redmamoth above.. come to end of my patient.. was supposed to be ready 21st April for repairs or whatever they was suppose to do if anything! Was thinking about pulling the plug.. but another 15 days refund is jokes as they took money in days turnaround from me.

No idea what’s going on with the car.. tesla sales support rep Steph F is not responding or anyone else from her team.

Spoke to team supervisor and updated me that they have got some team together to handle this backlog of orders they have taken which they are struggling to deliver.

Apparently someone from team will reach out to me when my order comes in the que.. but no one knows when after waiting over a month now.

I am regretting this and not going to be recommending Tesla to anyone