Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My experience:

Welcome to Tesla, how can I help you?
13:13
I'm 6 weeks from paying my desposit and don't have a clue when my car is likely to be ready for collection. What can you tell me please? And why is it taking so long? Thanks.
13:14
RN1187....
13:14
Thanks for your message and information - please bare with me whilst I check your account
13:15
For used inventory, they need to undergo checks and preparation in order to be ready for collection - please await until the team are able to work through their pipeline to notify you when it will be ready.
13:20
It is in the teams best interest to get you the vehicle as soon as physically possible, please await communication via SMS/Email once the vehicle is ready
We appreciate your patience during this period
I was advised 2 to 4 weeks when I parted with my deposit though.
13:21
I'd like to know where it is in this pipeline, else i could be still here asking the same questions in another 6 weeks.
13:22
I understand, and there has been delays with these vehicles
13:22
I know that, I'm just a bit disappointed that no one seems to know how much longer I'm expected to keep waiting.
13:26
I completely appreciate where you're coming from and the team will be in contact as soon as they have an update
13:28
Ok. I'll thank you for your time even if I can't thank you for giving me anything useful with it. Have a good day.

IMG_9892.jpeg

Just checked my Tesla app and delivery date showed up. Still waiting for text and email.

Well ... Tom from Park Royal just called me back, he said that car is there waiting to be cleaned and charged. Gave me options for pick-up this week, I said Friday 11am and he said that would be perfect. He said that I should shortly get a text and email will confirmation for payment details and checked if I have car reg info for insurance (which I already had). With payment, they advised to process it 2 days before scheduled collection as their account is abroad in Amsterdam, NL and it takes 24h typically before they receive it.

Tom was very helpful and sounded like we actually going to finalize it on Friday.

Trying to keep myself reserved, but I must say it got me excited ... will keep you posted on the progress.
When you make the payment your bank won’t have a match for their account and name. Would suggest sending a quid and check in the app after 5 mins and you will see an updated balance to pay with a payment of £1 being paid. Once you know it’s all good, send the remaining balance.

When you make the payment your bank won’t have a match for their account and name. Would suggest sending a quid and check in the app after 5 mins and you will see an updated balance to pay with a payment of £1 being paid. Once you know it’s all good, send the remaining balance.

O/P's bank may have a limit on how much can be sent each day (assuming its not finance).

IME if time is tight, between payment and collection, they will take proof-of-payment - I recommend you get that approved (by uploading and requesting confirmation) before you leave the house.

I've paid at 17:29 for a 09:00 collection (following multiple errors in trying to just raise an invoice for a brand new car), had the confirmation (photo of the bank web page) approved, and when I collected they didn't even need to see that proof (I assume the car was marked "Paid" at that point). My account didn't show that the money had arrived until several days later - despite them telling me "If you quote the RN it will be allocated to your account in minutes". Yeah, right.

Collection of a used vehicle might be different procedure though.

Reactions: Mike Yanagita
Hey folks, didn't realise there was a support group here.

I've read a couple of the more recent pages and it seems like I'm in a similar position.

I ordered a Model 3 LR 2019 from the used inventory on 2nd March. Got an appointment for collection on the 31st March that was cancelled on 23rd March. Then got told it'd be ready on the 14th April but that slipped too. Now being told it's waiting for a part that's supposed to arrive by 28th April.

🙃

O/P's bank may have a limit on how much can be sent each day (assuming its not finance).

IME if time is tight, between payment and collection, they will take proof-of-payment - I recommend you get that approved (by uploading and requesting confirmation) before you leave the house.

I've paid at 17:29 for a 09:00 collection (following multiple errors in trying to just raise an invoice for a brand new car), had the confirmation (photo of the bank web page) approved, and when I collected they didn't even need to see that proof (I assume the car was marked "Paid" at that point). My account didn't show that the money had arrived until several days later - despite them telling me "If you quote the RN it will be allocated to your account in minutes". Yeah, right.

Collection of a used vehicle might be different procedure though.
Mine was near enough instant. The £1 test was within 5 mins and the full remaining balance was within 15 mins. But it does state about bring proof of payment if not cleared.

Hey folks, didn't realise there was a support group here.

I've read a couple of the more recent pages and it seems like I'm in a similar position.

I ordered a Model 3 LR 2019 from the used inventory on 2nd March. Got an appointment for collection on the 31st March that was cancelled on 23rd March. Then got told it'd be ready on the 14th April but that slipped too. Now being told it's waiting for a part that's supposed to arrive by 28th April.

🙃
Wow, nearly two months from order 😮 Are you being told on what part?

Unfortunately not been told much more than that.
I’m in a similar position - I did find out last week that they were waiting on 2 x door cards and back of driver’s seat, but they were meant to be delivered last week. Was expecting an update Friday/Monday based on the conversation I had, but nothing back. It sounds like they don’t have the delivery yet as you ordered a couple of weeks before I did.

On a side note, my brother pinged me yesterday to see if I had the car yet because he dropped in at The Trafford Centre in Manchester and said there was about 300 Teslas all parked up in one of the car parks. So no idea what’s going on at the Manchester collection centre but they have plenty of cars it seems :)

I've emailed my contact for an update and got an out of office auto-reply until 2nd May (she's probably off with stress, I can't imaging working for Tesla is any better than being a customer of theirs). The auto-reply gave me a mailbox to email [email protected], which bounced immediately as it doesn't allow mails from external addresses.

So I called the number and selected the option for a callback, no one called me but they sent me the 'Please Review Your Tesla Support' email that you get after a callback. Off I go to talk to a robot on the chat then....

You just can't make this stuff up.

I don't know if I'm reading into it too much but I haven't seen a flurry of well priced model 3's on the used site that are getting snapped up quickly. So hoping they've have priced up to allow them to work through this backlog.

My parts are estimated to be in today with work expected to be done on the 28th at 4pm. But with a couple of bank holidays coming up. It's anyone's guess when I'll be able to pickup.

That being said I've seen a post from a Facebook group where they picked up from a Corby site.

But it does state about bring proof of payment if not cleared.

If payment is not showing on your My Tesla account (promptly) I would advise getting the proof of payment cleared (by email etc.) before you go to collect. They are, not unreasonably, fussy about what constitutes "Proof", and it would be a bore to rock up and the proof you have not be suitable.

Also, once that has been approved that should result in them marking the transaction as "approved", in which case you won't need any proof of payment / delay / faff at collection - you'll then just be a bog standard "Here are the keys, off you go" punter :)

Reactions: Mike Yanagita
I have been out looking at equivalent models at local dealers this morning. I am so tempted to cancel. Chased Tesla and got the following...

Looking into the status. There has been progression made. Refurb work is to be completed for next week. The delivery team will reach out once this has been completed to schedule you in to collect your model 3

So although absolutely nothing has been done to the car, progression has been made apparently. That's the third week on the run that the refurb has supposed to have been done - ignoring the fact I was told it would be ready for collection on the 14th of April, but the logistics of getting it to the NEC supposedly stopped that happening.

I would just rather give my money to somebody else at this stage - it's just the EAP and the extended warranty that's stopping me.

Reactions: AndyFov