Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@redmamoth @AndyFov @Canonicals - I am really feeling for you folks as I would have been somewhere in there too I am sure. My refurbishment was supposedly being done this week too, but I was confident that that wasn't going to happen based on what they were saying.

On a plus note - I ordered a set of Tesla locking wheel nuts from their online shop - they sent me an air filter instead! So rest assured that the incompetency ranges across other third party Tesla branded providers too! 😒

I've given up, and bought one privately. Has 6 months tesla warranty left on it, and if I'm desperate for EAP, can always buy it later. Was 3k more to buy, but 30k fewer miles on the clock, and i can see it in the flesh. I've been waiting 6 weeks.
I was getting quick responses from tesla over text, but nothing concrete, and was worried about "cosmetic work" being done.
I'm a little worried about stealth performance model resale too. DVLA thought it was a model 3 LR.....

Attachments

• 20230503_170003.jpg
    20230503_170003.jpg
    993.4 KB · Views: 67
Mine coming up to 8 weeks and still no update to what’s happening.. last update was that they still waiting for parts.. I have been chasing them up for update and they ignoring me!
If I do indeed collect mine on Tuesday it will be exactly 8 weeks since my order, simply unacceptable for Used Vehicle no matter how you look at it.

Reading between the lines, since that's all you can really do in the firehose of falsehoods from Tesla, I think they simply sat on these orders in March and did nothing with them. The 31st March delivery some people got (myself included), was a system/user error. Only once we got to mid April and the dust settled on Q1, did they start getting them through the workshop and identifying what needed doing. Then I think it's down to pot-luck in terms of what work is needed on the car you ordered. I'm really looking forward to seeing the history of work completed on my vehicle and the timestamps.

I know we had one member who had a bad experience and is returning his car, but the very few others who have collected to date have been happy. Tesla don't want these orders getting refused, or sending back, as that's a logistical nightmare in itself. So I'm hopeful my car will be in good order when I finally get it.

As a side note, I ordered the roof bars from the store and they arrived the next day!

If I do indeed collect mine on Tuesday it will be exactly 8 weeks since my order, simply unacceptable for Used Vehicle no matter how you look at it.

Reading between the lines, since that's all you can really do in the firehose of falsehoods from Tesla, I think they simply sat on these orders in March and did nothing with them. The 31st March delivery some people got (myself included), was a system/user error. Only once we got to mid April and the dust settled on Q1, did they start getting them through the workshop and identifying what needed doing. Then I think it's down to pot-luck in terms of what work is needed on the car you ordered. I'm really looking forward to seeing the history of work completed on my vehicle and the timestamps.

I know we had one member who had a bad experience and is returning his car, but the very few others who have collected to date have been happy. Tesla don't want these orders getting refused, or sending back, as that's a logistical nightmare in itself. So I'm hopeful my car will be in good order when I finally get it.

As a side note, I ordered the roof bars from the store and they arrived the next day!
From talking to the guy at Corby it would seem that they are looking to ramp up collections from this site as this is where all of their used cars go and they want to limit the moving of cars to other locations. At the moment he is working out of a model x and only did 6 collections on the day I was there. Looking at the amount of Tesla’s there (thousands) then they need to improve the facility. He did say that they were getting a cabin etc there to increase the capacity.

I'm glad people seem to have provisional dates now. Unfortunately for me, my date of work completion has been pushed back to next Friday (12th). Difficult to know what to believe these days.

After that it needs an inspection + valet then you need 5+ business days before a collection appointment so at this rate in confident it'll be a minimum of 8-9 weeks before I pickup!

Anyone else in limbo or do most have pickup dates who ordered mid March?
I’ve just been told exactly the same

Was due 28/4 and now 12/5

Really don’t believe anything they say and their lack of interest is infuriating

Reactions: Rooster6655
@redmamoth @AndyFov @Canonicals - I am really feeling for you folks as I would have been somewhere in there too I am sure. My refurbishment was supposedly being done this week too, but I was confident that that wasn't going to happen based on what they were saying.

On a plus note - I ordered a set of Tesla locking wheel nuts from their online shop - they sent me an air filter instead! So rest assured that the incompetency ranges across other third party Tesla branded providers too! 😒
I ordered floor matts once and got sent a regenerative brake part. I’m not turning it into a competition but I do win that one ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Matrel
Sounds like, in my opinion, we are being strung the same lie.
Yeah i agree. There are bigger problems I’m the world then waiting for a Tesla. It’s a good problem to have. But when you have a buyer secured for your car, or you’ve sold a car. Or have spent finances etc it’s a bit of an inconvenience for sure.

For me it’s the absolute lack of courtesy in maintaining radio contact. 8 weeks now for me. Car has passed mechanical test now into cosmetic whatever that entails.

I also am conscious I lost 2 months warranty that I’ve paid for as far as I’m concerned.

Reactions: Canonicals
Just got an email reply with no indication as to a delivery date. But confirmation that even though 2 + months minimum have disappeared off the warranty this will not be added on.

I’m a bit surprised I’m even buying this thing out of principal.

Just get worse.. update for me.. now they need to send car to 3rd party for cosmetic updates which we got no idea what they are doing for that repair! for me pushing back another 2-3 weeks and then a few more days for pre delivery inspection followed by further delay in sorting out a pickup/delivery of the car which is another week to add on top the couple of months been waiting already!

Frustration on another level!

They are offering a wall charger for some of the inconvenience.. now going to decide to use that or my newly installed ohme pod charger.

Just get worse.. update for me.. now they need to send car to 3rd party for cosmetic updates which we got no idea what they are doing for that repair! for me pushing back another 2-3 weeks and then a few more days for pre delivery inspection followed by further delay in sorting out a pickup/delivery of the car which is another week to add on top the couple of months been waiting already!

They are offering a wall charger for some of the inconvenience.. now going to decide to use that or my newly installed ohme pod charger.
They offered a wall charger for the inconvenience, that’s amazing! But makes me feel left out. I’m two months plus at this point also.

What a shambles!

That’s crazy, how did they not figure out it needed that months ago!?

I’m torn on that compensation, I suppose if you still have a car to get around and have the patience to wait, it’s great. If you don’t have a car, then it’s nothing compared to the inconvenience.

I would get them to ship that wall charger ASAP for the inconvenience already caused, THEN decide if you want to cancel your order.

how did they not figure out it needed that months ago!?

Tesla Chaos. They've expanded into the 2nd hand market in a BIG way (no idea why - perhaps they think there is a good turn on that, and for sure they can add value on any parts that are needed (compared to 3rd party who have to buy parts)

But, as I've said before, I'm not understanding why, in doing that, they are taking on the "difficult one" - heavily modded with tinted windows and interior "add on" MODs (all of which they seem to be removing, rather than just "forecourting them as-is", or ones that have bodywork damage. But it apepars they are doing those, rather than sending them to auction.

It doesn't surprise me that they are moving into this market without having thought it through, and its normal M/O for Tesla. There are two ways : Research, plan, then do it. Or "Do it" then figure out what is needed along the way. The 2nd gives you first-mover advantage, and any delays piss off your punters. Those that stay the course, and are then happy, may then have short memories. Those that leave are replaced by others. Those that stay, and are then disappointed are a problem - so avoid doing a bad job even if the delay annoys the punter.

I thought SC was free on the day of collection to get you home
No not for us

I bought one of the early model RS4s 2nd hand which (for me) was a very expensive purchase. Collected it and dealer had put 6 months tax on it, and half a gallon of fuel in the tank. Never bought another Audi.

• Helpful
Reactions: Exy1