Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like we all got similar updates from Matt Underwood (Delivery Manager) or his small team of 3! I ordered 18th of March and it is still in the cosmetic workshop which possibly looking like end of May for me.. :(

I still have not seen the car i bought months back!
happy-child-boy-painting-wall-260nw-95679859.jpg

Meanwhile in the Corby cosmetic workshop...

I just stated (ALL the areas) where I was unhappy and that I wanted compensation and suggested a few things (mostly things that would actually be useful to me such as Supercharger miles). They flat out said no then offered the Wall Charger (which still hasn't arrived btw).

Got this update yesterday:

No word of compensation like other folks have been getting though.

I think I have an explanation why they're bending over backwards to keep him happy.

View attachment 936973

So I'm off to names.com to regiser www.this-site-was-built-to-diss-Tesla-but-they-gave-me-a-charger.com
:eek:

I might still do this - although I never mentioned any such thing to Tesla themselves as based on my experience it wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome.

I even formally escalated the situation to Tesla UK Customer Services - their solution was to pass me back to those I had been dealing with already!!!!

Update on the car:

Basically looks in good enough condition.
Hasn't been driven for 6 months.

They left the onboarding to Tesla Inventory inspection sheet in the glovebox so I can see what was marked as requiring work (it all looks to have been done to a really good standard apart from low down on the front bumper (which I don't care about)

Drives like a dream - the single best part of the whole Tesla experience so far has been the driving of the car, oh and the fact that the kids think its a games console with tyres!

Panel gaps are noticeably bad - but I had kind of come to expect this from reading posts on this site so I can deal with that.

The frunk lid doesnt align at all on one side. Not really noticeable from the outside but when driving you can see that one side sits lower than the other. I will get this sorted.

Portable charger looks like it has never been used at all.

The inside was as new and still smells like a new car so over the moon on that one.

I've put a few hundred miles on it in two days. Not even paying attention to the battery life at the moment as its been driven so "badly".

Charged 3 times - 1 Supercharger, 1 ChargeScotland, 1 Podpoint.

I still have not washed / polished it so my opinion may change one I get eyes on closer look at everything.

Overriding point I guess is stick with it - the service is definitely the single worst experience I have ever had buying a car - but the car itself might be worth the pain, and that might be a bad position for the buyer to be in as Tesla may not change!!

Just to update my side, I've missed a lot of messages here. I too now have a deliver advisor and things seem to be moving (I hope). Fingers crossed I will be able to collect in a week or two.

Some really good insight here as to what to expect and try and aim compensation wise

Just to update my side, I've missed a lot of messages here. I too now have a deliver advisor and things seem to be moving (I hope). Fingers crossed I will be able to collect in a week or two.

Some really good insight here as to what to expect and try and aim compensation wise
I think the best thing we can all do is keep feeding back to Tesla so it helps them appreciate the challenges the end customer is seeing. Yes it may cost them a little in compensation but those levels of good will do repair some of the pain. And go along way to show they care and want to do something to make it right.
My collection tomorrow Monday, got binned last minute yesterday. New ETA is not possible as it’s the Corby body shop. And they are sub contractors to Tesla. My constructive advise back to my Tesla advisor is Escalate it as part of my current escalation. To be fair Tesla are listening and trying to work it through for me. I’ve been offered home delivery now which eases the pain a little.

They are still writing the contract. Makes me nervous how much small print they are generating if it’s taken the last 4 weeks 😱😂
Not paid more than the £200, so don’t care yet. As soon as I pay the balance I will be on their case…which I imagine they would expect.

End of May? Wow that’s
For folks still waiting, what do you see when you visit your Tesla account area here and click the car you're waiting for?

Mine has changed and is asking me to pay off the remaining balance before delivery which I'm (possibly naively) thinking is indicative that it might be ready soon.
Yeah same, my expected ‘refund completion due’ was Friday, and it’s now gone to asking for payment so I’m hoping perhaps it’s actually ready

Quick call from Jules just now (I hadn’t prompted or chased), which was nice. I had to ask him what I had bought cos I couldn’t remember the details 🤪

Car isn’t where they said it is…but it is closer to me, so asked they don’t move it any further away 😂

Fingers crossed it’s not a dog and I can get it collected at some point 👍