Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK - EAP - Summon not in showing the app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Summon via EAP in the UK

Folks, I ordered my car with EAP - took delivery in Dec '22 - no USS etc...
I'm reading on FB that summon is still a thing even now we're on TeslaVision.
I don't have summon showing in my app, whereas others do. I was expecting it to pop up in an update, it hasn't and I've subsequently forgot about it!

Ok granted there's mixed reports on it's usefulness but I should have it all the same if it's available

I've spoken the Tesla chat who says it should be in my app. They're to get back to me in 48hrs apparently.

I've deleted the Tesla app and other 3rd party one's (Tessie) - rebooted the car, reinstalled Tesla app and it's still not there. So this begs a few questions:

1) Is it available currently? It would appear so from today's online chat
2) Anyone else in the same situation?
3) Anyone who was in the same situation have you rectified it, if so; how?

Tia

Summon via EAP in the UK

Folks, I ordered my car with EAP - took delivery in Dec '22 - no USS etc...
I'm reading on FB that summon is still a thing even now we're on TeslaVision.
I don't have summon showing in my app, whereas others do. I was expecting it to pop up in an update, it hasn't and I've subsequently forgot about it!

Ok granted there's mixed reports on it's usefulness but I should have it all the same if it's available

I've spoken the Tesla chat who says it should be in my app. They're to get back to me in 48hrs apparently.

I've deleted the Tesla app and other 3rd party one's (Tessie) - rebooted the car, reinstalled Tesla app and it's still not there. So this begs a few questions:

1) Is it available currently? It would appear so from today's online chat
2) Anyone else in the same situation?
3) Anyone who was in the same situation have you rectified it, if so; how?

Tia
Summon is not a thing on Tesla Vision (if car has no USS). at least now. it might be SOON ™ but I would not hold your breath on that.

At least you got parking sensors almost working. that's a plus. imagine if you, when you made that decision on EAP, decided to go with FSD :)))))

No Summon, no Autopark on USS-less cars.

Maybe you'll get that in another 6 months, if Tesla hasn't lost interest by then. Sorry!

...only Park Assist has been restored (arguably)

No-one without USS has Summon. Tesla saying it should be in your app just shows how clueless they are. Sorry :(. Given how imprecise Park Assist is with Tesla Vision, the chances of them ever getting Summon and Autopark, which require precise determination of surrounding objects, working are close to zero. I hope you get value out of auto lane change and NOA, because that's all EAP is likely to be for the foreseeable future without USS.

Imagine having the front to sell an option for full price that does NONE of the things it says it does (everyone has Park Assist whether they have EAP/FSD or not), with no timeline for delivering those features.

We're what - 8 months past USS-less cars being delivered and they've only just delivered a version of Park Assist.

Reactions: cliff harris
Imagine having the front to sell an option for full price that does NONE of the things it says it does (everyone has Park Assist whether they have EAP/FSD or not), with no timeline for delivering those features.

We're what - 8 months past USS-less cars being delivered and they've only just delivered a version of Park Assist.
I certainly hope for owners of a USS-less EAP/FSD option that a UK lawsuit is incoming to reclaim at least 1/3rd of the full option price. (Using a 3 year average ownership amortisation rule) for being unable to use the feature + penalties.

Then maybe we’ll expand on how crippled Summon is in the EU, even with USS, due to that stupid rule of having to be less that 6 meters away from the vehicle (and in actual conditions, more like 1m).

In short, drivers of USS-less vehicles, you are definitely not missing a lot, but you should definitely ask for compensation nevertheless.