Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK - Model Y 7 Seater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any information or insight as to when the 7 seater variant will be available in the UK? Surely they must make it available at some point.

I would hate to place an order for the Model Y now just to find out that 4 months down the line you can order the Model Y with 7 seats. Just playing the waiting game for now but it has been a while.

Tesla is understandably mum about this as they don't want to cannibalise their sales. What is preventing you from getting a 7 seater model X/S?. Mine is a MS, it's a dying breed (the 7-seat variant is no longer available to order) but it's much more comfortable compared to a MY both in terms of noise and comfort. The only possible upgrade for me would be a 7-seater MX, but it has its own downsides (mainly no roof rack, but the FW door needs a bit of care too).

I would upgrade to a 7-seat MY if it becomes available, but if you need one now then there really is no other options apart from the above.

Does anyone have any information or insight as to when the 7 seater variant will be available in the UK? Surely they must make it available at some point.

I would hate to place an order for the Model Y now just to find out that 4 months down the line you can order the Model Y with 7 seats. Just playing the waiting game for now but it has been a while.
Have adopted some munchkins you dislike?

I have decided to go ahead and order the Model Y 5 seater. I am getting it through salary sacrifice at work so not able to get the other 7 seaters second hand. Spoke to the people at Tesla and everyone is saying it will eventually come but unclear when.

The need for 7 seats is only for when family visits from abroad which is often but I guess we will go with 2 cars when that happens!