Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK PCP for Model 3 LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's own PCP has a GMFV 'Residual' of £17,941 after 4 years (Standard LR model).

To me that seems quite low, surely it's unrealistic that a LR Model 3 is only going to be worth £18k in 4 years?

Given the previous history of lower depreciation of Tesla cars, and the fact EV sales are shooting up massively as we head towards the 2030 ICE ban should ensure the used market will be very healthy for used EVs in 4 years etc?

Tesla's own PCP has a GMFV 'Residual' of £17,941 after 4 years (Standard LR model).

To me that seems quite low, surely it's unrealistic that a LR Model 3 is only going to be worth £18k in 4 years?

Given the previous history of lower depreciation of Tesla cars, and the fact EV sales are shooting up massively as we head towards the 2030 ICE ban should ensure the used market will be very healthy for used EVs in 4 years etc?
The lower depreciation is likely due to scarcity than anything else. In 4 years the scarcity will be essential over and you’ll have batteries that charge faster, go longer, etc, hopefully better build, and whatever new technologies will be around - 6G? Other brands will also develop their cars and there will be stronger alternatives.

All in all a recipe for a significant decrease in value, unless COVID strain gamma causes more chip supply issues…

Currently looking out for PCP deals myself - be interested in what they come back with on the LR!
For the LR they quoted me 568.24 for 48 months with a 4k deposit, final payment 24,526.75 APR 4.9, this is the best offer I had so far, I had several brokers that quoted me 7-800 a month, most seem to do 7-20% APR, which is ridiculous, I guess it's only fair if your credit score is dogsh*t. If you go the PCH route you might find some better deals, I got offers for the LR for 36 months with a 4k deposit on 510 quid a month with 8k miles.