Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK - Powerwall 2 grid monitoring 1/3 less than other apps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All

Hope some help can be shared on our situation.

Solar value is correct, but grid pull value is less.

We have a myenergi car charger with monitoring
We have 88 panels on the roof via Solar Edge with monitoring both systems for a year and both line up

We have a 3 phase factory and 2 weeks ago had 3 powerwall 2's installed to complete the plan we had in mind.

The Myenergi + Solar Edge system both line up (in terms of monitoring values) within 90-95% of each other, i.e both will say we pulled 195-200kw for the day and both would show the peaks and dips within the day of the consumption (i.e we stop for lunch so the machines go off etc)

The Tesla app ALSO shows the pretty much exact same graph in terms of the peaks and dips of the day, but only shows the value of maybe 130kw for the day, which over the course of the month really throws off the monitoring.

When we are closed over the weekend just the machines being idle, it pulls about 1.4-1.6kw which the two other apps state fine, the tesla app, only states 0.6-0.7

Its reading the same as the other two, just less (-_-)

Any tips as we only had it two weeks and our installers are abit stumped too!

I would guess that your CTs are not properly configured for the Powerwalls, and specifically that either there are not three CTs, or that they are not oriented correctly, or that only one phase is being monitored, ie. two CTs. If the all the CTs are present, and on the right wires, then it is a pretty straightforward configuration change.

Easy mistake to make, and easy to fix.

All the best,

BG