Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Registration plates for March 2022 delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning all - I have opted for collection on19 September at Southampton. As a first time Tesla buyer the process though clear is also obscure.

Tesla states that registration papers will be sent after collection (VC5 I assume) but there have been a few mentions in posts of people receiving reg numbers which I have assumed means they have been sent by Tesla after final payment.

I would love some feedback as to whether UK Tesla owners generally get their registration numbers before collection and how long after paying the full amount?

There is at least 4,500 rushing for registration and insurance, so I assume others will be interested.

Hi Bron, ditto Feb 19th. I'm £58,000 interested.
Apart from BT landline robotic text messages (no mob reception) regarding pick up date, have had no contact from Tesla, not surprised.
Have an embryonic insurance with Direct Line.
Found my VIN on my completed invoice after paying up.
Can't find a reg number, probably not assigned, but:
What is the legendary Tesla phone number that people seemingly can ring and get an answer?

Might see you there,

Hiya - following on from other posts I sent an enquiry to [email protected] and got an automated response which has a phone number. But I have come to the understanding that those with early reg numbers seem to be leasing cars so it was suggested reg numbers were allocated in a block. I haven't had any other response from Tesla so am staying relaxed and going with the flow expecting it all to become clear either in week before or on the day.

Hi Dickster - I just got text with reg no - so 11 days prior to pick-up. Things come to those who wait. 🙂
hey quick questions
-you mention you selected september to pick up, how is it ready in 11 days?
-if registering reg in september will you get a 22 plate or 72 plate?
-if purchasing through a company, when do you list this as an expense? upon order or invoice (if different and how long by) or collection?

hey quick questions
-you mention you selected september to pick up, how is it ready in 11 days?
-if registering reg in september will you get a 22 plate or 72 plate?
-if purchasing through a company, when do you list this as an expense? upon order or invoice (if different and how long by) or collection?
I am note so good multi tasking and typing- 19 February is correct date. This negates your questions I think.

Reactions: greenbottle123
Morning all - I have opted for collection on19 September at Southampton. As a first time Tesla buyer the process though clear is also obscure.

Tesla states that registration papers will be sent after collection (VC5 I assume) but there have been a few mentions in posts of people receiving reg numbers which I have assumed means they have been sent by Tesla after final payment.

I would love some feedback as to whether UK Tesla owners generally get their registration numbers before collection and how long after paying the full amount?

There is at least 4,500 rushing for registration and insurance, so I assume others will be interested.
Hi Bron,

When did you place your order? was it a cash order - I have ordered the LRM3 with £100 deposit and paying cash but have not been asked to pay the balance yet?

Hi Bron,

When did you place your order? was it a cash order - I have ordered the LRM3 with £100 deposit and paying cash but have not been asked to pay the balance yet?
Hi - We ordered 15 October, notified of delivery 19 January. We are paying up front so don't have any other third parties to be involved with. From other comments it may depend on your specification - it seems if it is red it may be a little longer. This is for MYs so not sure about M3s. Patience I think - it is easy to get wound up reading about everybody else's delivery stories.

Yep basically - I paid 1 week later - somewhere in the texts from Tesla I had the impression the registration process wouldn't be started till full payment had been made (for cash purchase).

I collected on 19 February and the registration was filed 18 February. I received by V5C yesterday, four days after collection.

Yep basically - I paid 1 week later - somewhere in the texts from Tesla I had the impression the registration process wouldn't be started till full payment had been made (for cash purchase).

I collected on 19 February and the registration was filed 18 February. I received by V5C yesterday, four days after collection.
Cheers! hope you are enjoying the Y.........