Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK - they make it hard to even see a Model 3.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I live near London. Today I wanted to sit in (not test drive) a model 3.

West Drayton (Heathrow) no longer opens at weekends. Chiswick (the big one on the roundabout) was closed. On a Saturday. Just a printed note on the door with no mention of if this is permenant.

I ended up going to Westfield shopping centre. They have 2 model 3s but will only open 1 of them (no clue why). I could only spend 5 mins in the car due to the queue of people. And the sales people knew essentially nothing about the car - anyone who visited this forum for 15 mins would know more.

It was, quite honestly, pathetic.

Whatever Tesla do well - and I am sure thats many things, the ability to actually see and test the cars isn't one of them.

Take a trip across the pond. Plenty here but left hand drive though.

Just kidding. I am sure it will change in few months. Tesla is producing a lot for EU/UK region where US is on standby until Dec kicks in and federal rebates are fine.

Huge demand for these cars.

Perhaps 5 minutes of sitting inside would have answered most of your question.

How long did you want to be able to sit inside?

In the States, some people would go to Superchargers to see the different color options, before they got into the showrooms.

Showrooms here usually packed as well when a new model Tesla appears.

Tons of people order these vehicles, off the internet, before they are even produced.

Use Google to find a EV or Tesla gathering in your neighborhood, then go over and meet real owners. If they are anything like US owners, most will be happy to let you sit in their car, perhaps even get a test ride. Better yet, connect with the UK members on this and other forums and meet up for a pint or three at your local pub.

Keith

I paid 100$ to rent from turo for a day back in the states in 2017 to check out the car. Crazy times back in those days! Sounds like things are still a bit nutty in the UK, no harm in waiting out the initial demand if you aren’t in a rush. Car is great though I’d have no qualms in recommending you pull the trigger.

Bigger question is LR or SR?