Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ultra Bright trunk light not turning on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, has anyone installed the Ultra Bright trunk light (eg., Ultra Bright trunk light ) in their Model Y trunk? If so, did you have any issues with it not turning on? For some reason, in my situation, I got these brand new, unplugged the OEM one, plugged in to the new Ultra Bright trunk light and it doesn't turn on. But when I plug it back into the OEM light the light turns on. So strange and I can't seem to figure out why this is happening?

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this and knows what's happening here.

My Model Y is a 2021 build Long Range.

Contact Abstract Ocean directly. They have excellent customer service, and would want to know if you're having issues. It may be as simple as a defective part from AO. I have the same light from them, uninstalled, haven't had the time yet to install.
Please post back here, or PM me, after you've heard from AO.

• Helpful
Reactions: X-pilot
@Pianewman I actually figure out the issue. To be honest, I didn't get the light from AO. I bought it from AliExpress (just didn't want to pay the extra cost). So the problem I had was, the positive (red) wire and the negative (black) wire coming from the light bulb was wired incorrectly in the blue connector plug

You see, when I connected the blue plug into the OEM male end, there are 2 wires - yellow (positive) and black (negative). Well, the yellow wire was lining up with the black wire from the light and the black wire from OEM male end was lining up with the red wire (positive)!! As soon as I swapped it on the female blue connector plug, plugged it back in and the light lit up!! Ended up to be an easy fix. But this sure got me thinking for a little while.

S4448be086947475199bb499fd9b76a94O.jpg

I installed the AO Mega Light a few weeks ago. Makes a huge difference at night and was worth the $30 I spent on it (I see it's now $40 on their site). Install was super easy and took only 5 min, since you just need to pull the panel down just enough to reach in there and unplug the factory light.

TMY-Trunk-Light.jpg

TMY-Trunk-Light2.jpg

Reactions: Silence88