Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ultra-eco tire setup for my P100D.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I swear I googled this before asking and didn’t find the answer I was looking for. I have a set of 21s and a set of the 19s. I want to set the 19s up with an Uber eco set of tires for road trips, most notably a 2400ish mile drive I do once a year. I wanted to know if there is a size smaller or narrower then the 245/45 that is known to give some improvement. Like I said, for this set I could care less about grip, snow traction, whatever. This is going to be purely for efficiency. If I can gain 5-10% over 2400 miles that’s a lot less time spent at a charger. Thanks!

I swear I googled this before asking and didn’t find the answer I was looking for. I have a set of 21s and a set of the 19s. I want to set the 19s up with an Uber eco set of tires for road trips, most notably a 2400ish mile drive I do once a year. I wanted to know if there is a size smaller or narrower then the 245/45 that is known to give some improvement. Like I said, for this set I could care less about grip, snow traction, whatever. This is going to be purely for efficiency. If I can gain 5-10% over 2400 miles that’s a lot less time spent at a charger. Thanks!
Seems like a lot of hassle for a tiny difference in consumption!

Seems like a lot of hassle for a tiny difference in consumption!
I actually notice a solid 30 watt difference in just switching to the 19s with the current snow tires on them. The snow tires are cooked and these cars just don’t need snows at all so I want to replace them with eco tires. Like I said if I get another 10-15 watts lower that makes a big difference on a long trip. Guess I may have to run this experiment on my own. I know that Goodyear touring does a 235/40 with more or less the same load range and the same speed rating.