Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UMC adapters control resistance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mainly out of curiosity, I'm trying to figure out someone the inner workings of the UMC. The UMC takes a signal from the NEMA adapter in the form of a resistance across the two small control pin in order to determine the max voltage/amperage the connecter can supply. It doesn't seem to me anyone has documented the specifics of For those of you with the various NEMA adapters and a simple multimeter, can you please unplug the connector from the UMC and measure the resistance across the 2 small lower center pins and post it here? Thanks.

Is it dificult to get a 32Amp chip?
I don't know of any way to buy the chip by itself. But you shouldn't need to. The point is simply that the official Tesla adapters have this appropriate chip in them that sets the amp level correctly, based on what kind of plug it is. So just use a Tesla plug that is the right kind for the outlet you are plugging into, and it all takes care of itself properly and reliably.

Or if you really do need to make some kind of little adapter cable to switch outlet types, only do it on the same amp rating of outlet types. DON'T switch from a 30A to 50A and then have to remember to do weird tricks to set things at the correct level.

I don't know of any way to buy the chip by itself. But you shouldn't need to. The point is simply that the official Tesla adapters have this appropriate chip in them that sets the amp level correctly, based on what kind of plug it is. So just use a Tesla plug that is the right kind for the outlet you are plugging into, and it all takes care of itself properly and reliably.

Or if you really do need to make some kind of little adapter cable to switch outlet types, only do it on the same amp rating of outlet types. DON'T switch from a 30A to 50A and then have to remember to do weird tricks to set things at the correct level.
I was going to Change the plug to 32A until the Tesla 32a original comando is available. I need to charge at 20-22A