Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UMC updating to 10amps on 2023.26.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that the 'update' isn't being included with new 3s (or Highlands).
This happened for a while in early 2023 as well.

I'm sure Tesla will eventually get it included.

As I understand the firmware codebase is somewhat modular in design and downloaded on a difference basis, so different models get different parts and the size of the download can depend on the existing version you have.

Do all UMC need to be updated or do some now come with 10/15amps? if they don't all need to be updated how can I tell how many amps it will be charging at without a car?

I pick up my car on Saturday so if it needs to be updated I am hoping I can get the Tesla team to do it during the pick up.

Do all UMC need to be updated or do some now come with 10/15amps? if they don't all need to be updated how can I tell how many amps it will be charging at without a car?

I pick up my car on Saturday so if it needs to be updated I am hoping I can get the Tesla team to do it during the pick up.
As far as I know, all of them need to be updated. Mine did, which I got with my new Tesla approx 3 weeks ago. You only see the reduced 8A while it is charging, and then when updated, 10A. It updated fine with my car (Model Y), just won't with a Model 3 Highland.

If you have a Highland car, it's worth bringing in with you to Tesla when you pick up your car to get it updated (or they give you another one that is already updated).

As far as I know, all of them need to be updated. Mine did, which I got with my new Tesla approx 3 weeks ago. You only see the reduced 8A while it is charging, and then when updated, 10A. It updated fine with my car (Model Y), just won't with a Model 3 Highland.

If you have a Highland car, it's worth bringing in with you to Tesla when you pick up your car to get it updated (or they give you another one that is already updated).
Thanks, Yes it is a highland so I will take the UMC with me on Saturday.

I have a tech around right now solving an interior trim issue, I might pick his brain and see what he suggests and/or see if I can coax him into updating with his Model S