Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Un-Noticed but Most important - Lithium.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's absolutely hilarious that the worriers always worry about lithium supply. Is there some sort of coordinated FUD campaign going on?

It's a bit like the talking point about "coal-powered cars" -- it really feels like there's some sort of central propaganda campaign here, because the talking points are so dumb.

If there is, propaganda-spreaders, you suck. Please hire me, because I can think of way more realistic risk factors for Tesla than the ones you're currently spreading in your propaganda campaign.

I think it's absolutely hilarious that the worriers always worry about lithium supply. Is there some sort of coordinated FUD campaign going on?

It's a bit like the talking point about "coal-powered cars" -- it really feels like there's some sort of central propaganda campaign here, because the talking points are so dumb.

If there is, propaganda-spreaders, you suck. Please hire me, because I can think of way more realistic risk factors for Tesla than the ones you're currently spreading in your propaganda campaign.
There is. This started as a right-wing talking point. Let's pretend that lithium is the same for electric cars as oil is for ICE and then just go completely ****ing insane.

• Funny
Reactions: SageBrush
I feel like I shouldn't list the actual risk factors for fear of giving them better propaganda, though it probably doesn't matter, because the right-wing propaganda spreaders don't seem to pick up on them anyway. So, right-wing propaganda spreaders, feel free to pay me a very large consulting fee, and I'll tell you what the actual risk factors are. :) (I doubt they'll take me up on the offer.)

It's those vegan seats that worry me, when Tesla runs out of them, they will have to resort back to cow leather. There are only so many Vegans, and cows are part of the food supply.

Starbucks will run out of costumers for their Soy Lattes, and then prime rib prices will go through the roof.

It's insane we aren't having this conversation.

• Funny
Reactions: neroden and EV-Bull
From lithium suppliers. Duh.

Lithium can be produced from raw seawater for about 3x of its current market price, pretty much indefinitely. Lithium "mines" are simply saltwater lakes that naturally concentrated the seawater salt.

There can be no "lithium OPEC" or long-lasting lithium shortages. In the worst case scenario, Tesla will have to build a desalination/lithium production plant somewhere.
New Musk venture. Tesla Agua.

1. Get subsidy from drought-stricken state to create huge de-sal plant.
2. Mine Lithium from ocean water.
3.?
4. Profit!

I think it's absolutely hilarious that the worriers always worry about lithium supply.
Yeah, the smart ones are really worried about the ion supply. But if you search for "global ion supply" to look for volumes on the second most significant battery ingredient, all you get are results for lithium! Clearly this transcends mere ignorance to a conspiracy, although I'm not sure if Big Oil is behind it or not. Regardless, I put my reservation in at the dealer and so that hopefully my delivery can be completed before a serious ion disruption hits the market. I wish the best of luck to you all as well!

Reactions: EV-Bull