Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to Charge car with Regular charger or Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 randomly won’t charge. I drove 30 miles away in rain, was there for 2 hours and came out to my car beeping like crazy saying charging not recognized. Drove home to try and charge, didn’t work, took to
Super charger, didn’t work. I used a w q tip to make sure no moisture was in side, waiting a few hours and now over night and still nothing. Did a reset, even a factor setting reset, still nothing. It opens up, plugs in and the blue light just completely shuts up. A couple times I hear clicking but not every time. It’s not the chargers, my other car is charging just fine.

Thoughts? Never service option isn’t until Sept 5 and it’s far away I’m not sure I’ll even make it there.

No errors on the display giving a code?
At first it was saying charging not recognized (it wasn’t even plugged in) and it did the the whole way home on and off. After the reset no error display, just not charging
Contact your SC and tell them of your plight. If your car is unusable it should bump you to close to the front of the line, and probably with a service ranger.
they said I can bring in tomorrow. Let’s hope it’s an easy fix!

So sorry for what is going on with your charging.

A similar thing happened with a friend of mine. Couldn't figure out what was going on.

Turned out one of the "pins"...his word not mine...was slightly not making contact from where the charge cable end did not make contact with the receptacle (charge port) in his Model 3.

He took it to Tesla and the fixed free of charge.