Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to Wake Car Up from Phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

HAHAyes

Follow me @teslaintoronto
Sep 10, 2019
Toronto
Hi everyone,

I recently picked up my SR+ and was trying to play around with the app and check out what it can do. However, I've noticed that the app after about 25ish minutes will no longer be able to connect to the car and eventually errors out with a "Vehicle Connection Error".

This isn't a problem if I turn the car on, it'll connect instantly but it does make using summon in the morning an issue.

Anyone experience this?

Phone(s) I've tested with: Pixel XL & S10+ w/car connected to wifi AND Pixel XL w/ car connected to LTE. [Pixel XL is on Android 10]

Thanks!

This use to happen to me a lot, and I found the fixes for me varied. I am using an iPhone though.

You can try some of these to see if it wakes up:
- On your phone turn off and then on Bluetooh
- Turn off Wifi on your phone and try to connect
- Ensure the car is connected to either LTE or Wifi
- Sign out of the Tesla app and re-login

Another random thing that worked for me was to go into the controls page within the app and wait a few seconds. For me the car would connect a bit quicker then it would from the home screen.

Again, it's been a while since I had this, but all worth a try. Hope you get through, and congrats on your SR+

• Informative
Reactions: HAHAyes
This use to happen to me a lot, and I found the fixes for me varied. I am using an iPhone though.

You can try some of these to see if it wakes up:
- On your phone turn off and then on Bluetooh
- Turn off Wifi on your phone and try to connect
- Ensure the car is connected to either LTE or Wifi
- Sign out of the Tesla app and re-login

Another random thing that worked for me was to go into the controls page within the app and wait a few seconds. For me the car would connect a bit quicker then it would from the home screen.

Again, it's been a while since I had this, but all worth a try. Hope you get through, and congrats on your SR+
Very interesting... let met give these a try thank you!

Reactions: Techniques
Does this always happen in the same place? As others have mentioned, wifi connectivity can sometimes be an issue. Wifi in my garage is spotty and it's 50/50 whether or not I can connect to the car. I'm fine when the car isn't in the garage.

Update: It works fine when sentry mode is on and when I'm at home I just have to click the unlock button first and then everything else shows up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you everyone for your help! I think it might just be some weird behaviour problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Techniques