Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unauthorized Financing By TESLA - What are my options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just sharing my experience with the group. I think Tesla is really desperate in selling cars right now and using all tricks in the bag.

So I ordered a Model X sometime back and got a VIN assigned 2 months ago. I applied for credit and got approved. But something came up and I put my order on hold.

Two months later, I was assigned another VIN and got a call from Tesla that your previous credit application has expired and we have assigned another VIN to you, Would you like to "Resubmit" your Financing through Tesla again?

I explicitly said "NO", confirmed with the guy on the phone that you NOT resubmitting my application? He confirmed NO.

1 hour later a get an email that your Tesla loan application has been approved. Also got an email from credit monitoring that an enquiry was made to your credit.

Has anyone else had this issue? How do I ask Tesla to fix this issue. it clearly looks like a tactic from Tesla to push me into 1) getting financing from them or 2) not cancel the order or put on Hold again.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Just sharing my experience with the group. I think Tesla is really desperate in selling cars right now and using all tricks in the bag.

So I ordered a Model X sometime back and got a VIN assigned 2 months ago. I applied for credit and got approved. But something came up and I put my order on hold.

Two months later, I was assigned another VIN and got a call from Tesla that your previous credit application has expired and we have assigned another VIN to you, Would you like to "Resubmit" your Financing through Tesla again?

I explicitly said "NO", confirmed with the guy on the phone that you NOT resubmitting my application? He confirmed NO.

1 hour later a get an email that your Tesla loan application has been approved. Also got an email from credit monitoring that an enquiry was made to your credit.

Has anyone else had this issue? How do I ask Tesla to fix this issue. it clearly looks like a tactic from Tesla to push me into 1) getting financing from them or 2) not cancel the order or put on Hold again.
First things first Tesla does no retail financing They use a 3rd party, what can you do? Either buy the car or don’t, you have ordered it you placed it on hold all that says you still want it, if they cancelled the order without you knowing you would be complaining about that, pretty simple solution

First things first Tesla does no retail financing They use a 3rd party, what can you do? Either buy the car or don’t, you have ordered it you placed it on hold all that says you still want it, if they cancelled the order without you knowing you would be complaining about that, pretty simple solution
it is still unauthorized credit pull and someone at Tesla triggered it either by mistake or on purpose. I am trying to get financing at a credit union because they are offering ~4% interest. I feel I am being strong armed to get Tesla financing despite Denying it on the phone. Some people don't see a problem with it, I see.

So they messed up. What do you want them to do exactly? They ran your credit again, they screwed up. You are not obligated to use their financing, even after it's been approved. They are not going to strong arm you to using their partner financing. You just call them up and say you want to use your own, and they will change it. I first thought I wanted to use their financing, but found a better deal. Called up, said hey I am going to use my credit union, can you please change it. They said ok. Took way longer to wait for someone to answer the phone than for them to make the change. They didn't argue or try to force me into anything.

it is still unauthorized credit pull and someone at Tesla triggered it either by mistake or on purpose. I am trying to get financing at a credit union because they are offering ~4% interest. I feel I am being strong armed to get Tesla financing despite Denying it on the phone. Some people don't see a problem with it, I see.
Just get pre-approved with your credit union and forget about the Tesla financing. Credit pulls for loans within a 14 day span count as a single pull anyway.

Reactions: android04
Your app is good for 30 days only.
I think you misunderstood the issue, the problem OP has is not that they had to redo the credit app, but rather that they did it without his consent.

Honestly I would just chalk this up to incompetence and move on, you were still going to get a loan so this inquiry doesn’t really matter.

Now if you had changed your mind entirely about getting a loan and were going to pay cash then I’d be a bit miffed that they ran my credit without consent.