Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unboxing a Roadster Sport

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, having now only put 80 miles on the car...

Exhilirating. Stunning acceleration at low speeds -- floor it at 20-30 mph and it's frightening. Beautiful lines. Can't stop turning around multiple times and looking as I walk away after parking.

Got the exec leather and CF interior. Exec leather has aspects of the upgrade missing just like on James' car: steering wheel, door pull, stitching. Carbon fiber looks great and I'm glad I got it. But the door sill is the normal trim piece. Waiting to hear back from Tesla on that. So disappointed that these interior upgrades aren't what we saw from the marketing materials received when making our options choices.

Rear left gap between hatch and bumper is larger than it should be. That's the only fit and finish "flaw" I could find.

Been able to push it a bit harder out driving. Don't like the extra understeer on hard cornering. Will need to have a race shop adjust the suspension to dial out the understeer. Seems the traction control combined with the open differential really limits acceleration when trying to power out of a tight turn. This may limit autocross capabilities.

That's it for now, after less than 24 hours.

Congratulations!!

Didn't you or anyone else find it a bit odd how the delivery driver backing out your car onto the platform didn't bother to place stoppers at the very edge should the unthinkable happen?
Was thinking the same thing! I know acceleration is limited while in reverse, but somehow I just can't imagine me trying to back a car that does 0-60 in 3.9 onto a short elevated platform.